Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wiper blade refills

I'm trying to replace my wiper blades. I found generic wiper blade refills and more expensive bosch/rainx full blade assemblys.

My question is: does bosch sell blade refills or do you have to buy the full assembly each time?

are you talking about the rear or the front? for the front i use the valeo blades from tire rack. $19.99 and buy one get one free. for the rear, since i dont use the rear wiper that often, ive been using the old blades for the front and just cutting them to fit.

+1 for the idea for the rear. retarded that they dont sell refills. not that its expensive, just a waste of material.

i'm tempted to try the valeos, but it rains so seldomly here, it would be a waste of a $10 wiper

The rear cost alot...you are better of of getting Anco rear refills from auztozone or kragen

$12 i think?

I meant the front wipers. If I buy a set of bosch wiper blades, can I refill them or do I have to buy the full assembly every time?

I'm sure you can get refills for them.

changing things upp CastorTroy2's Avatar
    buy the Valeo's from tirerack.

They are buy1 get one free..soo totaled out to like $22.95 for both shipped, and they are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy2 View Post

They are buy1 get one free..soo totaled out to like $22.95 for both shipped, and they are awesome.
    So can you get refills for those?

I'm not sure if you guys are understanding my question.

Do I have to spend $22.95 every time I need to replace my wiper blades? I want to buy the WIPER BLADE ASSEMBLY (metal holder + rubber) once, then BLADE REFILLS (rubber only) by the same company. Is this possible?

It just seems like a waste to throw out the whole blade assembly when the only thing that goes bad is the rubber.

ephatch member
    The rear is like $7 online. Thing is, you have to pay for shipping. I ordered one when I ordered a bunch of other stuff, so the shipping was not a big deal to me. I could see it being an issue if that is all you needed. I think Advance / AutoZone and the like have a 12" Anco refill (the 91-12 I think) for not too much money.

You have to buy the whole assembly everytime… I’ve not seen a company that makes one with the replaceable rubber part. Some German cars use those and it is a waste to throw out the whole assembly everytime, but that’s just how it is. I get my wiper blades from Honda usually, they aren’t that expensive and last longer than the crap from local part stores.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhatchback View Post
    You have to buy the whole assembly everytime… I’ve not seen a company that makes one with the replaceable rubber part. Some German cars use those and it is a waste to throw out the whole assembly everytime, but that’s just how it is. I get my wiper blades from Honda usually, they aren’t that expensive and last longer than the crap from local part stores.
    Yeah - it is not that bad considering most people do not use the rear wiper as much as the front (which is why some people have gotten rid of it altogether).

The wiper's part number is 76730-S6D-E01, and has a list price of $11. Thing is, you can often find it quite a bit cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    So can you get refills for those?

I'm not sure if you guys are understanding my question.

Do I have to spend $22.95 every time I need to replace my wiper blades? I want to buy the WIPER BLADE ASSEMBLY (metal holder + rubber) once, then BLADE REFILLS (rubber only) by the same company. Is this possible?

It just seems like a waste to throw out the whole blade assembly when the only thing that goes bad is the rubber.
    the valeos are all rubber and last about a year, so when they go, chuck the whole assy and get new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy2 View Post

+1, these look and work great.

word for wasteful-ness of throwing out whole assy, but theres nothing else to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information