Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front Strut Bars -- what choices?

What choices do ep's have for a front strut bar? Will the bars for the regular 01 + civics fit?

2001+ up civic bars wont work. I have one sitting next to me; bastards told me it would fit.

Front upper strut 130 bucks

DC also has thier titanium piece. Looks really nice and is very light. It's going for $300 or so; too pricey for me but worth the 300 b/c it's titanium.

Decent looking bar. Wonder who makes it though.

Good to know the 01+ Civic bars won't fit the 02+ Si.

ephatch member
    it is made by freedom. the only place i seen it is at is at ptuning.com its 89 hers a link http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...odelDesc=Civic

front strut bar

nopi has the same bar... $72.19

In case you're interesting, here's the address for the specific part:
    Strut Bar

Anyone know anything about the bar itself?

oh.. i am interesting :)

capt_shrimp
    Originally posted by civic hatch boi
    oh.. i am interesting :)
    LOL, yeah but in who's opinion??:D

j/k with ya civic hatch boi;)

peace

Manufacturer
    Hello All,
    Thought we would drop in on this topic. We are getting ready to release our entire Ep Hatch CSK-C (Chassis Stiffening Kit- Competition). We have a fully functional Front Strut Tower Brace(FSTB-C). This without a doubt this the BEST design we could think of and the we have the performance gains to back it up! Most people overlook the fact that for a front strut tower brace to work correctly it MUST attach to the fire wall. We know and understand this and have developed the best FSTB-C we could.
    If a front strut tower brace does not attach to the fire wall then chances are you probally will not notice much of a difference. If you do happen to notice a difference, imagine how much better it would be if it was designed correctly??
    Our FSTB-C will be released in time for Xmas for those of you who are interested. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Dr. Design
    D3 Automotive Designs
    "Making EP3's Handle Better 1 race at a time."
    www.dthreedesigns.com
    310-428-7716

Originally posted by Dr. Design
    Hello All,
    Thought we would drop in on this topic. We are getting ready to release our entire Ep Hatch CSK-C (Chassis Stiffening Kit- Competition). We have a fully functional Front Strut Tower Brace(FSTB-C). This without a doubt this the BEST design we could think of and the we have the performance gains to back it up! Most people overlook the fact that for a front strut tower brace to work correctly it MUST attach to the fire wall. We know and understand this and have developed the best FSTB-C we could.
    If a front strut tower brace does not attach to the fire wall then chances are you probally will not notice much of a difference. If you do happen to notice a difference, imagine how much better it would be if it was designed correctly??
    Our FSTB-C will be released in time for Xmas for those of you who are interested. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    While that is very nice, it is illegal for almost every SCCA class that the Ep will compete in (STS, DSP, etc). You cannot connect the shock towers to the firewall!

Can you design one that does not connect to the firewall, and then a solid one in the rear? Seriously, I think you'd sell a lot more, because anyone looking to autox will be screwed by this mod.

Just my opinion, but I thought it best to let everyone know. If you don't plan to autox or don't care what class you'll get bumped to, then this bar should work out great.

Moose
    I'm not the biggest fan of Neuspeed, but the upper strut tower bar they offer looks and works great.

Originally posted by Moose
    I'm not the biggest fan of Neuspeed, but the upper strut tower bar they offer looks and works great.
    Neuspeed makes a bar for the 02+ Si now?

ephatch member
    Our FSTB-C will be released in time for Xmas for those of you who are interested. Please let us know if you have any other questions
    Dr. Designs, any idea on what you guys are going to retail this bar for?

Originally posted by tkm

While that is very nice, it is illegal for almost every SCCA class that the Ep will compete in (STS, DSP, etc). You cannot connect the shock towers to the firewall!

i've heard of this as well, but don't really know why it is illegal. can you explain, thanks!

Originally posted by todaCspec

i've heard of this as well, but don't really know why it is illegal. can you explain, thanks!
    That's just the rule. My guess is that you could have bracing going everywhere and triangulate everything on the car. Given a certain rule, people will exploit it for all they can, especially in motorsports.

In one class, they said you "must have a passenger seat". So, someone showed up with a tiny lightweight babyseat. Obviously not what the rule meant, so it had to be clairified. However, trying to clarify a rule about chassis bracing is a bit more difficult given all of the different manu. of cars and attachment possibilities.

What is it going to take to get our cars to pull a G on the skid pad. The SCC that had the 02 si with the type S swap and they were calling it a Type R i believe it was hasport I could be wrong though but that thing almost pulled a G on the skid pad! Very impressive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information