Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

17x9... lets break it down

Ok, i've talked to a few people. People have their opinions. What's needed to successfully fit these wheels. Rolling, pulling, neg camber? how much camber?, and what would be the best offset to go with.

Jerry, I know its just a civic.

Anything below a +30 would work.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispychicken View Post
    Anything below a +30 would work.
    yea otherwise you would rub on the suspension. i would imagine you would need flares, 17x9 would be past fender rolling.

i thought one of teh houston guys tried 17x9 emotions. but i think the offset was too low.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    i thought one of teh houston guys tried 17x9 emotions. but i think the offset was too low.
    nope his offset was +44. Too close to the suspension. Its already touching the suspension.

what were the specs of cows works that you mounted?

May wind Oct. rain
    You guys are ridiculous; seriously. I dare anyone to prove me wrong by running 9" wheel widths, with NO STRETCHED TIRES (there better 245s wrapped around those wheels), and lowered the way people lower their cars to make it look good.

With a +30, you better start getting that hammer out to flare your fenders, or better yet, just get a dremel out and start cutting that bitch. I'm not saying that you can not do it, I am just wondering what the purpose is? For looks or to run you wheels so sideways that you are literally driving on the sidewall?

Quit asking questions and just do it. I would like to see how it turns out.

Tires and camber will play a bigger role before that of rolling fenders.

I got 19x9's on my MX6 which is lowered 3". Granted, it's a different car, but I run daily on 16x8's and from what I've read on this board, 16x8 and 17x8 are very doable on these cars. Taking that into account, one could fit a x9 wheel, but the offset, tire size, and drop for camber would have to be perfect.

Just for reference, here are the 19's I used on my MX6 for a show. I could still turn lock to lock and only rubbed on bumps because of lower spring rates.

That's with a 235/35R19 tire. The backs are a Pilot Sport which measured out to about a 275-285 width. No rolled fenders, just bang on offset, camber, tires and drop.

hey sucka,

I will try 17x9 with 255s all around. give me a couple of weeks to post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    You guys are ridiculous; seriously. I dare anyone to prove me wrong by running 9" wheel widths, with NO STRETCHED TIRES (there better 245s wrapped around those wheels), and lowered the way people lower their cars to make it look good.

With a +30, you better start getting that hammer out to flare your fenders, or better yet, just get a dremel out and start cutting that bitch. I'm not saying that you can not do it, I am just wondering what the purpose is? For looks or to run you wheels so sideways that you are literally driving on the sidewall?

Quit asking questions and just do it. I would like to see how it turns out.

May wind Oct. rain
    Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    hey sucka,

I will try 17x9 with 255s all around. give me a couple of weeks to post pics.
    Bitch, you have a DC5, you guys have more clearance in the rear and front than we do because of your LCAs. I'm not sure about 255s, but I would like to see =).

sorry don't mean to jack this thread but what about 17x8?? whats the lowest offset we can get away with on rolled fenders in the rear?

BTW: didn't eric moon have 17x9 advan sienna's in the rear when he was still candy apple red?

Time to buy a real car.

do it, stretch it, 225 on that b.

May wind Oct. rain
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadySi View Post
    do it, stretch it, 225 on that b.
    stretch are for gay losers that cannot stuff real tires underneath their fenders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information