Close

ball joint removal help!

so im installing my new coilovers and i dont have a ball joint removal tool. what other things can i use or tips that would help me?

Please and Thanks!!!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    so im installing my new coilovers and i dont have a ball joint removal tool. what other things can i use or tips that would help me?

Please and Thanks!!!
    do you have a bad ball joint? you dont need to remove the ball joints to install coilovers. If you do need to remove them though go to autozone and rent the tool...

Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMISE View Post
    do you have a bad ball joint? you dont need to remove the ball joints to install coilovers. If you do need to remove them though go to autozone and rent the tool...
    ahh im just doing it in my drive way and i dont have another car so i cant go out =[ any suggestions. umm i need them to do the front how the steering rack/arm thingys connect to the coilover arm.

ephatch member
    That's the outer tierod you're trying to undo. Loosen the nut most of the way out. Don't take it off all the way in case you miss and fuck up the threads. Take a hammer and give the arm on the strut side a few wacks with a hammer. It'll jar the taper loose.

As for the Lower control arm to knuckle ball joint, dont bother taking it apart, just take the lower control arms off the subframe, hell of alot easier.

Thread Information