Close

Headlight moisture

My passenger side headlight seems to have moisture trapped in it. Twice now I've taken out the low beam bulb socket to allow it to "air dry" but after a couple of days the moisture is back again. There's little water droplets hanging off the back side of the clear plastic. I have never removed the headlights or the nose, so I'm not sure whats broken. Any help?

well there's projectors, depo black housing, jdm silver looking housing..

i have depo black housing and they tend to fog in the evening/night but it goes away pretty quick after I turn my lights on.... doesn't bother me.

mine has moisture as well, but my car is the ultimate sleeper.

i will get new headlights one day.
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

2008 Mercedes C350
    someone told me to just put one of those silicon bag thing u see in food and etc in the headlight housing and it should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    someone told me to just put one of those silicon bag thing u see in food and etc in the headlight housing and it should go away.
    Hmm. Thanks Jaeguyoon, I didn't think about that. You're talking about the desiccant bags, right? The only problem would be trying to get them out later, maybe tie a string to them...

I've got the stock '04-'05 USDM bug eyes in the front. I've never had them out so I have to ask, how is the clear plastic attached to the housing? Is it something that can randomly (IE no car accident) start leaking? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    I think those are silica bags. What my friends do is pull off the headlight and just blow dry them in the sun for 15 mins.

User
    i am getting the same problem but i painted the inside of my headlights black. i sealed them three times due to the moisture it drives me insane. its a pain in the ass to put them in the oven and what not. it only really happens at night when i just get a car wash. im thinking of getting some projectors off ebay. good luck man.

Thread Information