Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

D-Specs SHOT after 2 months

Well, after 2 months of driving, my Tokico D-specs are shot up front! Shot like they make noise over bumps, the ride isnt as stiff, and Tokico is trying to say something is wrong with my setup! I was like uhmm, i have d-specs and H&R springs? whayt could be wrong with my setup, everything else in the front end is brand spanking new, mounts, seats, tie-rods, all but ball joints which are fine. Like when you put the car in the air you can shake the wheel back and forth and if you lift up the dust boot, you can feel the strut rod move around in the body ! i mean it isnt movement like im going to DIE if idrive this, but there is a slight movement. Sooo now im dealing with chuck from showstoppers about it and he is being so much more of a help than tokico.

thats sucks man i head my d specs for a while and i havnt had any problems, and chuck is pretty good.

that's unacceptable. and tokico wont replace them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    Well, after 2 months of driving, my Tokico D-specs are shot up front! Shot like they make noise over bumps, the ride isnt as stiff, and Tokico is trying to say something is wrong with my setup! I was like uhmm, i have d-specs and H&R springs? whayt could be wrong with my setup, everything else in the front end is brand spanking new, mounts, seats, tie-rods, all but ball joints which are fine. Like when you put the car in the air you can shake the wheel back and forth and if you lift up the dust boot, you can feel the strut rod move around in the body ! i mean it isnt movement like im going to DIE if idrive this, but there is a slight movement. Sooo now im dealing with chuck from showstoppers about it and he is being so much more of a help than tokico.
    thats what happend to mine....the T people told me to go sit and spin( "It must have happend in a accedent" was what they really told me)...I am now on koni's.....fuk d-specs.

FYI, when you pull the shocks, knock off the top cap on the ft's( it just slips on and off and is there for bottoming out) and you will see why they failed....stupid design.

how bad would it be if i put my stock struts in with the H&R's? how long until they blow out lol

Banned
    how bad would it be if i put my stock struts in with the H&R's? how long until they blow out lol
    no way to tell......just buy some koni's for the ft, tirerack sells them by the shock....the rear d-specs are a standard design, they will hold up ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    thats what happend to mine....the T people told me to go sit and spin( "It must have happend in a accedent" was what they really told me)...I am now on koni's.....fuk d-specs.

FYI, when you pull the shocks, knock off the top cap on the ft's( it just slips on and off and is there for bottoming out) and you will see why they failed....stupid design.
    So if they are so bad, why does everyone on this site recommend the same cookie cutter dspec + spring combo?

Being Cheap?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    So if they are so bad, why does everyone on this site recommend the same cookie cutter dspec + spring combo?

Being Cheap?
    everyone but me.....I killed the first set in less than a year....I tend to recamend koni's and bilstiens for stock replacement and buddy clubs for coilovers. I have been kinda waiting for this thread, that way my damper failor was not just a freak happening. The problem is most ep3 drivers on here do not really push on their car like I do so the d-specs are holding up for them.

Sorry to hear that.

I ran koni yellows on my EK and they completely rocked, never had a problem from them. Too bad we have to hack things up to use them.

Do Bilsteins hold up well when coupled with springs that dont lower much?

Dont feel bad buddy my front end is shot too sportlines\blues less than a year, time for a makeover.

its just weird that some member have had theirs for years and don't have a single problem, while others have experienced failures

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    its just weird that some member have had theirs for years and don't have a single problem, while others have experienced failures
    they drive like little girlie men.......
    Last edited by mustclime; 09-02-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    the drive like little girlie men.......

What's the mfg part # for the koni's?

front 50.5mm Manufacturer Part #: 8641-1416SPORT
    front 53.8mm Manufacturer Part #: 8610-1415SPORT
    rear Manufacturer Part #: 8041-1281SPORT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information