Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After reading about the lack of quality for the D-specs I'm seriously considering the Koni's. I guess it's a toss up between them. If I do order the D-specs I hope I don't run into the same problem.

Does anybody else have them(Koni's)? How many settings does it have? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SoleLive View Post
    Does anybody else have them(Koni's)? How many settings does it have? Thanks in advance
    If you mean "clicks" then Konis have no settings... Given that they don't have arbitrary notches cut in to their adjustment settings.

As far as adjustment range, Konis will have a greater range of adjustment, meaning a greater difference between stiff and soft valving then the D-spec's will.

However, given that D-spec's adjust both bump & rebound valving and Koni's only adjust Rebound valving. It means that the D-specs will have a greater range of ride quality adjustments. Given that bump valving has more to do with ride quality then rebound valving. even though from a handling perspective, adjusting rebound & bump with one knob at the same time... is bad.

i thought they have lifetime warranty. when i bought mine 2 years ago the shop told me as long as they intall the shocks it will be lifetime warranty. the only time they will void it is when you use coilover with them or if you installed it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking604 View Post
    i thought they have lifetime warranty. when i bought mine 2 years ago the shop told me as long as they intall the shocks it will be lifetime warranty. the only time they will void it is when you use coilover with them or if you installed it yourself.
    jarwin, where did u get the d-specs from ?
    im looking to get one soon

im failing to see how a blown shock is letting you rock the wheel back and forth when its in the air, and if its making a noise and you can do that, sounds like a wheel bearing or something to me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by v1c10us View Post
    im failing to see how a blown shock is letting you rock the wheel back and forth when its in the air, and if its making a noise and you can do that, sounds like a wheel bearing or something to me
    d-specs are a twin tube damper, that is a tube within a tube with the pistion moving up and down the inner tube. On mine, the inner tube broke loose from the outer tube allowing the damper shaft to rock back and forth....thus you can rock the wheel.

I was thinking the same, but then he said "you can feel the strut rod move around in the body" and that's definitely not normal lolz!

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    d-specs are a twin tube damper, that is a tube within a tube with the pistion moving up and down the inner tube. On mine, the inner tube broke loose from the outer tube allowing the damper shaft to rock back and forth....thus you can rock the wheel.
    I see, Its just that I would have imagined that the suspension components should hold the wheel steady regaurdless of the dampers condition. I guess im missing something

I see, Its just that I would have imagined that the suspension components should hold the wheel steady regaurdless of the dampers condition. I guess im missing something
    I would think the same thing, unless there is a manufacturing defect. There is no way the shiny shaft should move anywhere but straight up and down, and if it does, Even if the shock is blown, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the way it's made.

A defect of this nature, and their refusal to make good on their product makes me SERIOUSLY reconsider Tokico shocks for ANY car. (And I'm not just talking about D-Specs.)

Banned
    Look at this.....

The strut locates the suspension, if the upper or lower guides of the damper is loose, the wheel will rock.....this is not a ek suspension.

^Yup, thats the point of a strut setup, you remove one of the two control arms and replace it with a beefy damper assembly. the strut then acts as both a damper & stabliizing arm.

should something fail in that assembly then yes it could allow the wheel & knucle assemblies to move around.

IF the valving stack went bad then it shouldn't allow such movement. But if the inner tube bent or broke away from its mounting then it would/could.

Oh gotcha, see I was thinking of the actual damper not the housing, i forgot they are together in the d-specs instead of just an insert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information