Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

whats the best tire shine product?

whats the best tire shine product that doesnt go all over your car? i used the eagle one gel tire shine..... everytime i drive it gets all over my car and leaves little black dots on my car.... i gota wash her again... i used meguiars hot shine high gloss.... and still outs plack dots..... any suggestions??

i used eagle one before and got the same effect i just switch to meguiers too. I take a crappy rag and wipe off the excess. plus with that you get an even cover since it is only a spray-on

right now im using two armorall products; fierce shine tire foam, and extreme shine tire shine in a regular spray bottle. neither of them sling onto the car body. the extreme shine is a little too much for my taste, but both last a good amount of time when applied, even after driving in rain.

ephatch member
    For an off the shelf product, I find Meguiars endurance tire gel is the best. Lasts the longest and doesn't sling off when you drive.

PPG Paint Refinsih! JDMtunerEP3's Avatar
    That shinning monkey tire shine looks sweet!

I'm ordering some now!!!

The reason why you get the sling is in the preparation and application. Make sure the tires are clean when you apply the product. Some tire cleaner and a tire brush are nice things to have. After the tire is clean then apply the product and let it sit for 20 minutes before you drive the car, so it can fully dry or wipe it down with a rag. The only reason for sling is that the tires are dirty and it isn't sticking or the tires are still wet.

I use stoner's tire shine...works for me...

ephatch member
    BlackEXCoupe nailed it. Dirty tires, and not allowing to cure. But it can also be too much product. Give the tires a wipe down after 20 minutes remove the excess.

If you want to try some other stuff that looks great, head over to autogeek.net They have some good tire dressings. My favorite right now is Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro. It's a water based dressing, that doesn't sling, not too shiney, but not a matte finish either. Kinda just looks like a new off the line tire, or just a slightly wet tire.

Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    BlackEXCoupe nailed it. Dirty tires, and not allowing to cure. But it can also be too much product. Give the tires a wipe down after 20 minutes remove the excess.

If you want to try some other stuff that looks great, head over to autogeek.net They have some good tire dressings. My favorite right now is Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro. It's a water based dressing, that doesn't sling, not too shiney, but not a matte finish either. Kinda just looks like a new off the line tire, or just a slightly wet tire.
    Some other good tire shines from autogeek are Optimum Tire shine and DP gloss tire gel. I really like the DP tire gel because its a very bold wet look that contrast nicely with chrome rims, but at $28 a bottle it gets expensive quick, so I use optimum on 90% of the cars I work on.

Banned
    motor oil.......

Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    right now im using two armorall products; fierce shine tire foam, and extreme shine tire shine in a regular spray bottle. neither of them sling onto the car body. the extreme shine is a little too much for my taste, but both last a good amount of time when applied, even after driving in rain.
    i use the extreme tire shine gel. the one in the orange bottle. as long as it dries it wont get anywhere other than the tire

Meguiar's Tire Foam.. Works great for me!

Quote Originally Posted by slo_k20 View Post
    Meguiar's Tire Foam..
    but i've read somewhere that car shows sometimes use pledge furniture polish haha.

Any water based tire dressing gets my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information