Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    meguires hot shine in aerosol cans, has an adjustable knob for larger or smaller sidewalls.
    Last edited by mustclime; 09-25-2008 at 05:07 AM.

I've been using that new Tire Slick stuff by Lucas. I absolutely love it so far. It's not too much shine and water-based. Perfect 10 for me. haha

I use Zaino tire shine and love it. I used to love the high gloss but got over it quickly. The Zaino tire shine has a more satin finish to it a looks . . . cleaner i guess.

http://www.zainostore.ca/category/ti...trim-treatment

has anyone used the smartwax tire spray?

Quote Originally Posted by JaydmEp3 View Post
    has anyone used the smartwax tire spray?
    Not quite yet.

I think for the average person if you want a semi shiny finish meguirs endurance is pretty nice and it last a while even the high gloss one is nice.

Even though Pinnacle black onyx is hands down the best smelling its not worth the 16 dollars difference IMO.

The Optimum Tire Bond Gel is pretty good stuff. Not too shiny, and it doesn't sling. I also like Licorice Black from System One but the stuff is almost unobtainable up here in Canada.

Pat.

Armor all. Makes ur tires look like new rather then all glossy and shit. Also better for the rubber as well.

Kind of an old thread but I need help, my previous vehicle I had I cleaned ALL the time and put tire dressing on (worked at a car wash so all free!) However my side walls began cracking like dry rot almost but they were only 6 months old maybe...noow my ep tires are doing it too but I don't clean her as much now that I don't work there. Is there a safe tire shine that still looks good? Iv used mcguires, mothers, armoral and. W.e they had at the car wash...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat91 View Post
    Kind of an old thread but I need help, my previous vehicle I had I cleaned ALL the time and put tire dressing on (worked at a car wash so all free!) However my side walls began cracking like dry rot almost but they were only 6 months old maybe...noow my ep tires are doing it too but I don't clean her as much now that I don't work there. Is there a safe tire shine that still looks good? Iv used mcguires, mothers, armoral and. W.e they had at the car wash...thanks
    If I am not mistaken its the silicone in the tire dressing that cracks/browns the tires over time...similar to how armor all fudges up the dashboard. Stick to brands like Mothers/Meguiars but just make sure it says WATER BASED and you should be fine. The shine wont last as long as silicone but it will suffice just fine between washing/detailing. My personal favorite is Klasse trim protectant...its designed for dashboards/interior/tires.

cool..so water base is the key. thanks!!!

I use the armorall that comes with the sponge applicator. It's a little more work than the sprayed ones but it's worth it. Shines great and doesn't get washed out easy.

I use the liquid tire shine that comes in the spray bottle. cleans the rims the best, and also cleans anything plastic. lasts long too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information