Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Unhappy how to change fuel filter

my car ( 2003 ep3) is not running . i think its because of either fuel filter got too dirty or probably my fuel pump is not working.. so ima just try to change the fuel filter first .. but i don no how to do it....can you guys show or tell me how to change the fuel filter.... pics or DIY would be nice... ASAP plz.. cuz i need my ep to go to school.......thanks
    Last edited by fatathaland; 10-23-2008 at 12:52 PM.

What Exactly do you mean by not running

Won't start?

Won't Crank?

Won't Stay on?

How many miles do you have that you think you slugged up your filter that bad for no fuel to be getting to your motor?

Quote Originally Posted by thanismo View Post
    my car ( 2003 ep3) is not running . i think its because of either fuel filter got too dirty or probably my fuel pump is not working.. so ima just try to change the fuel filter first .. but i don no how to do it....can you guys show or tell me how to change the fuel filter.... pics or DIY would be nice... ASAP plz.. cuz i need my ep to go to school.......thanks
    fuel filet is in the tank, and some actualy description of what the car is doing when you try and crank it would help too

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3xn2o View Post
    What Exactly do you mean by not running

Won't start?

Won't Crank?

Won't Stay on?

How many miles do you have that you think you slugged up your filter that bad for no fuel to be getting to your motor?
    its wont start.. but it cranked though... there are no fuel pumping to the engine at all.. i think it probably the fuel filter is too dirty dat make the gas cant go thru...or maybe the fuel pump is not working ....right now my car is about 73xxx miles on it..

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fico View Post
    fuel filet is in the tank, and some actualy description of what the car is doing when you try and crank it would help too
    well first my car was running fine but sudden it just died.. i tried to start it again then it did stated but for like 10 second... i tried to start it but it wont start... all i hear is da cranking sound... for the fuel filter ,,, does it mean dat i have to take out ta back seat .. and take out that metal cover thinggy ? is the fuel filter is inside dat thing ? do i have to do anything els?

ephatch member
    guys ??? any help around here ??

The fuel filter is the complete cap portion that the pump, sump filter, regulator, and fuel level sender is attached to. In the DIY section near the first posting there should be a stickies page, open that page and you will find a link to the Helms manual. This will help you troubleshoot your issues and show you how to replace the assembly. There are also several very good threads concerning the fuel system in the DIY and engine section. Try a search of the stickies.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The fuel filter is the complete cap portion that the pump, sump filter, regulator, and fuel level sender is attached to. In the DIY section near the first posting there should be a stickies page, open that page and you will find a link to the Helms manual. This will help you troubleshoot your issues and show you how to replace the assembly. There are also several very good threads concerning the fuel system in the DIY and engine section. Try a search of the stickies.
    Troof!!

ephatch member
    is walbro is the stock one we use? or the performance one.. cuz i just wan to replace mine with a stock one.....help me

ephatch member
    Man I hope you get this fixed... You really need to get to school, cause this was painful to read.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    Man I hope you get this fixed... You really need to get to school, cause this was painful to read.

x2 for reels mamn@!

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nrengle View Post
    troofs....my brain is hurting now
    Last edited by thisisagame24; 09-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar

Ok, so 47 is the fuel pump assembly. If you wanted to replace the filter, you must buy the whole pump assembly?

What is number 9 in this diagram? It's referred to as a "canister filter" in the catalog. What is it for?

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    troofs....my brian is hurting now
    hoy - yawww!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post

Ok, so 47 is the fuel pump assembly. If you wanted to replace the filter, you must buy the whole pump assembly?

What is number 9 in this diagram? It's referred to as a "canister filter" in the catalog. What is it for?
    9 looks like a fuel filter from what I've seen before. Just replaced one on my neighbor's Explorer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information