Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you are useing the Base engine harness, make sure the runner position sensor isnt accidentlly connected.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    MAP and TPS connectors are not switched around are they? Is the IAC operating correctly? Connector OK?
    They are not switched. How do I know if the IAC is operating correctly?
    All drilling the IMG does is allow the AAV to operate. And I havnt installed or used a AAV in over 4 years. Could the IMG's PRB spec hole be partially exposed?

See if you feel any vacuum with your fingers over the IAC hole. Do you have another TB to try?
    Partially exposed PRB(what is that)? By IAC hole do you mean the coolant ports on it? I don't have another throttle body
    If you are useing the Base engine harness, make sure the runner position sensor isnt accidentlly connected.
    Its not I didn't connect it and the other sensor(I think some sort of EGR on top of the manifold next to the power steering)

Quote Originally Posted by miaep3 View Post
    you said it runs fine if u have it connected to the manifold but not by the throttle body why not just have it connected on the manifold.
    It barely runs connected to the manifold and doesn't run at all connected to the tb.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    They are not switched. How do I know if the IAC is operating correctly?

Partially exposed PRB(what is that)? By IAC hole do you mean the coolant ports on it? I don't have another throttle body

Its not I didn't connect it and the other sensor(I think some sort of EGR on top of the manifold next to the power steering)

Check IAC by placing your finger over the hole in the TB bore that feeds the IAC. If the IAC is not operating, the TB location for the MAP wouldnt get a proper vacuum signal as the IAC passageway bypasses the TB.

There is a hole already in the IMG that corresponds to the inlet on the IM for the AAV. Make sure that isnt exposed at all with the RBB mani.

The plug over by the PS pump is the actual runner control, on the opposite end of the runner is the runner position sensor(looks like a TPS).

Check IAC by placing your finger over the hole in the TB bore that feeds the IAC. If the IAC is not operating, the TB location for the MAP wouldnt get a proper vacuum signal as the IAC passageway bypasses the TB.

There is a hole already in the IMG that corresponds to the inlet on the IM for the AAV. Make sure that isnt exposed at all with the RBB mani.

The plug over by the PS pump is the actual runner control, on the opposite end of the runner is the runner position sensor(looks like a TPS).
    You mean I should block off the hole in the IMG? Sorry I'm still a tad confused. I understand where the holes are and what they go to but not quite sure if I was supposed to change anything from stock.

Switching the TPS and Map sensor can cause damage to the Map unit. I had this happen a while back on my first k24. Be sure you haven't switched the sensors. Also, any datalogs of startup attempts wouldnt hurt.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    Switching the TPS and Map sensor can cause damage to the Map unit. I had this happen a while back on my first k24. Be sure you haven't switched the sensors. Also, any datalogs of startup attempts wouldnt hurt.
    I know I'm pretty sure I didn't switch them up. The tps is seperate from the purge control valve and the map.

what color are the wires on the plug that u have connected to the tps

You mean I should block off the hole in the IMG? Sorry I'm still a tad confused. I understand where the holes are and what they go to but not quite sure if I was supposed to change anything from stock.

I was just asking if the RBB mani covered all the existing holes and nothing was leaking basically.

Did you make sure to seal the bolt heads on the Karcepts adaptor with RTV before installing the TB?

Quote Originally Posted by miaep3 View Post
    what color are the wires on the plug that u have connected to the tps
    Well I don't have them to look at right now but I know the tps is plugged in right cuz on the base rsx harness you have to swap the tps wires 123 to 321 and it wouldn't run if I hadn't swapped them. I get an accurate tps reading when datalogging.
    I was just asking if the RBB mani covered all the existing holes and nothing was leaking basically.

Did you make sure to seal the bolt heads on the Karcepts adaptor with RTV before installing the TB?
    Ah ok. I'm following. Yes I sealed it up with some RTV I'm getting a datalog this weekend to add in here. Hopefully that will answer some questions.

k24a2 supercharged civicsibaby04's Avatar
    what year tsx motor did you swap in the car. if its 06+ there something wrong with the intake mani that wont allow you to run the karcepts adapter on it. it can only be used on 04-05 tsx mani.

Quote Originally Posted by civicsibaby04 View Post
    what year tsx motor did you swap in the car. if its 06+ there something wrong with the intake mani that wont allow you to run the karcepts adapter on it. it can only be used on 04-05 tsx mani.
    Oh shit...it is a 06. Whats wrong with the manifold?

k24a2 supercharged civicsibaby04's Avatar
    this is what they told me on k20a.org

Quote:
    Originally Posted by civicsibaby05
    why wont the adapter plate work on an 06 tsx mani????

It will bolt up, but an 06+ TSX mani does not have the idle porting for the IACV like the 04-05 TSX mani does. Because of this, you will have to manually hold idle until the car warms up (this could get very annoying on a street car). Alternatively, you could take a ported Karcepts adapter (P/N: KIM02) and then drill and tap a 1/8" NPT port on the bottom of the adapter to achieve an air source for the IACV and then run a short line from there to one of the ports on the side of the adapter. This short line will provide a passageway into the manifold such that you can maintain a functional IACV.

Hope that helps...

Oh shit...it is a 06. Whats wrong with the manifold?
    yea u can not run the 06 tsx manifold on there. it is u'r iac thats giving u problems cause of the open for the throttle body the tsx mani. dose not allow for the iac to bypass.

That would explain a hell of a lot! LOL The damn IAC wasnt even working, that would explain the lack of felt pressure from the IAC opening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information