Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    im guessing its in. its bolted together fine after alittle wiggiling. ill try to pull it again. its worth a shot if i have to buy a new one...

it felt like it had a little play in it compared to the driver side... i could move the shaft maybe 1/16 of an inch. "enough to make noise"
    i went ahead and intentionally popped it out again. in the process of putting it back together now. ill put it all back together and take it for a drive- if not, im gonna send it to this place intown that rebuilt one for me for 75 bucks. it only took a day or two.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-jm6j5Z6o2dc

decided to look it up incase... does this seem right?

when im trying to put the drivers side axle in the transmission, do i push and wiggle it with the donut on also? im having problems pushing it in

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    when im trying to put the drivers side axle in the transmission, do i push and wiggle it with the donut on also? im having problems pushing it in
    I pushed like hell and turned slowly with the car in reverse. First time it took me more than an hour, and second time took about 1-2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    yeah, i would try and have somebody feel the boot. once you kinda feel it, you can push in the bearings so the axle can slide back in. it literally took me 15 secs to put in the driver side once i did that. actually my cousin was turning the spare while i felt it. once aligned, it only took a slight push.

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions, I managed to pop my axle back in with the help of the "spare tire and lower bolt in strut/knuckel" trick

+1 For the spare tire trick, -1 for having a full size spare.

where do u guys recommend to buy the axles? i need to replace mine my car shakes:/

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    so is it possible for the inner cv to pop out as well as the outer one? my inner one is still in the trans but the boot is all stretched out and it looks pretty fucked. i also can't push it back in to get my LCA seated again because the axle will not recompress. what happened?:(

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    so i think i got my axle popped back properly. i haven't driven the car yet though so i honestly have no idea.

so I have found that the best way to install most suspension and suspension related things on the EP is basically to remove the axles from the tranny FIRST, the passenger is easy as hell, just take the 3 bolts off the transaxle and pull out, with the drivers side, you get a short tire iron, and shove it between the trans and the axle, then push with your LEGS.

should you have a CV joint pop out you should pray first and then try what I do, disconnect the shock from the knuckle, and literally jump into the knuckle kicking it. you want to make sure you axle is in the transmission for this though. this is the only method I have found that works for me and I have been doing it for years.

the axles on our cars are prone to doing this mainly because honda is A BUNCH OF COMPLETE MORONS, there is supposed to be a retaining ring in the CV joint which doesnt allow those balls from coming out, why honda decided to do it this way makes me seriously wonder what they were thinking.

and I wonder if the CTR and ITR have cv joints that pop out like this?

Hey fellas I need some help! I tried to tie the axle up when removing the knuckle during dis-assembly.. but I was too careless (and alone) when trying to re-assemble everything and I'm fairly certain I popped it.

I monkey'd with it a bit trying to get a feel for "its out" and "its in" but I'm really not sure. Everything connected back together losely and in place, here is a quick 1minute video of the movement of the drive shaft:

(bit loud sorry)

Hopefully someone can tell just by looking! As I see it I have two options:

1. I can take the boot off and see for myself right? What tool do you need to take that clip off without damaging it, just needlenose pliers? Do I *have* to re-grease if I take the boot off just briefly?

2. While it's jacked up, with no wheels on, I could put the car in first, start it, and just tap the throttle and see what happens? lol scary.

Thanks for any help!!!

P.S. New LCA bushings and a new ball joint went on.

P.P.S. When I say I was monkey'ing with it, basically just moving it around, turning it, pressing on it, etc. is what I've googled about CV joints popping / referencing suggestions from these two threads:
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=472836
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=713114

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Hey fellas I need some help! I tried to tie the axle up when removing the knuckle during dis-assembly.. but I was too careless (and alone) when trying to re-assemble everything and I'm fairly certain I popped it.

I monkey'd with it a bit trying to get a feel for "its out" and "its in" but I'm really not sure. Everything connected back together losely and in place, here is a quick 1minute video of the movement of the drive shaft:

(bit loud sorry)

Hopefully someone can tell just by looking! As I see it I have two options:

1. I can take the boot off and see for myself right? What tool do you need to take that clip off without damaging it, just needlenose pliers? Do I *have* to re-grease if I take the boot off just briefly?

2. While it's jacked up, with no wheels on, I could put the car in first, start it, and just tap the throttle and see what happens? lol scary.

Thanks for any help!!!

P.S. New LCA bushings and a new ball joint went on.

P.P.S. When I say I was monkey'ing with it, basically just moving it around, turning it, pressing on it, etc. is what I've googled about CV joints popping / referencing suggestions from these two threads:
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=472836
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=713114
    if you put the axle nut on, there's no play correct?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information