Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying Coilovers

So I'm really considering buying some Tein Basics, or Megans. What I really want to know is:

1)Mainly I'd like to know if there are any local EPhatch members that have done this before and are willing to help me out? And has a couple tools (I have my own also) and driveway/garage space that they are willing to share for the day? I broke my jack and bent one of my jack stands so... I'm SOL on that . And I don't exactly have the space at my apartment to do this.

2) Will I need camber plates/adjusters? From what I know, or think I know, there rear is gonna have some wicked camber if I drop past a certain point.

3) At what point will I need to roll my fenders, if I even have to go to that extreme?

Any info is welcome, especially comments on coilovers. Thanks guys.

how low do you wana go with them? i would honestly go with the megans over teins

Megan FTW! I got them and love them.

If you are going for the straight arm Megans then go that route. It will eliminate stress on the steering rack.

On the other hand, I am not having as much fun with my Megans. There are annoying creaks from the rear pieces and I tried everything to fix it, but they just wont STFU.

i jsut bought the megans with the straight arm and i love them. i did the install myself so im more than happy to assist you.

Yeah, I was kinda leaning towards Megans. What's the difference between straight arm and not???

And where the eff is Burnaby?

Quote Originally Posted by metalviper View Post
    how low do you wana go with them? i would honestly go with the megans over teins
    I don't wanna go to a retarded kind of low... I was thinking maybe 1.5 inches. Maybe more if it could handle the streets of my neighborhood.

广州本田
    i have megans now, i like them and i hate them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    i have megans now, i like them and i hate them at the same time.
    Oh yeah? Why's that? I remember your ride being pretty smooth when I bought that Injen intake from you awhile back and you took me around for a short drive in it (I used to go by white_Si on this site, if you can recall). Do you have straight arms or not? *still don't know the difference...

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikezilla View Post
    Oh yeah? Why's that? I remember your ride being pretty smooth when I bought that Injen intake from you awhile back and you took me around for a short drive in it (I used to go by white_Si on this site, if you can recall). Do you have straight arms or not? *still don't know the difference...
    yeah i remember you, the ride is pretty good yeah, bay area roads aint that bad. Yeah i have the straight arms, all megans now come with them, they are just to not make your tie rod arms going to a V angle shape with helps with toe adjustment and bump steer i believe if you are extremely low. But i always have this problem with mines where the locking collers would come loose in the front assemblies, and when i steer only the bracket would spin and sooner or later i would have uneven height between the 2 front sides. I just end up locktiting the crap out of them lol so my height is pretty much set.

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    yeah i remember you, the ride is pretty good yeah, bay area roads aint that bad. Yeah i have the straight arms, all megans now come with them, they are just to not make your tie rod arms going to a V angle shape with helps with toe adjustment and bump steer i believe if you are extremely low. But i always have this problem with mines where the locking collers would come loose in the front assemblies, and when i steer only the bracket would spin and sooner or later i would have uneven height between the 2 front sides. I just end up locktiting the crap out of them lol so my height is pretty much set.
    I have a shit ton of locktite from work that I can use. Any other helpful tips? Did you put yours in alone? Did it go well, or bad? It's just that it's a pretty big project for me... and I can't have my car out of commission for too long.

Oh and what kind of camber adjusters do you have, if any?
    Last edited by Mikezilla; 09-04-2008 at 09:37 PM.

I just bought megans and I am just waiting for them to arrive. I wonder how much of a difference my suspension will be once I install them. I've been riding on 2 front blown struts for the past few months :tehehe:

lol im in canada but ill help you online? haha

Quote Originally Posted by 403ep3 View Post
    I just bought megans and I am just waiting for them to arrive. I wonder how much of a difference my suspension will be once I install them. I've been riding on 2 front blown struts for the past few months :tehehe:
    Awesome! I thought about just buying springs but I don't want my struts to explode...

Quote Originally Posted by jh604 View Post
    lol im in canada but ill help you online? haha
    I'm very sure that I will need it. Thanks man.

广州本田
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikezilla View Post
    I have a shit ton of locktite from work that I can use. Any other helpful tips? Did you put yours in alone? Did it go well, or bad? It's just that it's a pretty big project for me... and I can't have my car out of commission for too long.

Oh and what kind of camber adjusters do you have, if any?
    oo no no, you dont want to use locktite, as least u dont recommend you to, i just did it cause i was sick of my collars kept coming loose. I installed mines alone, with a full assembly coilover you can be done within 3 hours max time, although i did have the axle pop out on me, is good to have a helping hand when doing the fronts so the person can hold the knuckle up.

And i have ingalls camber arms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information