Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post

point blank, i had no problems with my car, never threw a lean code or anything while running the race kit. actually i was running quite rich, since it smelled of unburned gasoline when i was babying the car. mind you i was running a cai/shorty header/test pipe/exhaust.
    Did you have the map relocator installed? At how many rpm's were you seeing 7 psi?

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    You have to love it when people take a well thought out mod like the ghetto race kit and FUK IT UP!!!!! YOU CAN NOT RUN THE GHETTO RACE KIT WITH A RACE HEADER!!!!!!!!
    I appreciate the concern, but long before you wrote this i had decided to part with the race header, for several reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Did you have the map relocator installed? At how many rpm's were you seeing 7 psi?
    no, map relocator is not suppossed to be installed. the purpose of the map relocator is so that k-pro can read the boost, and since you are on the stock ecu and have the powercard controlling the fuel, you should not have the map relocator on.

at about 6,500rpm i would see about 7 psi. at 3,000rpm i saw 4psi, and at 5,000rpm i was at about 5.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by NrGiNnY14 View Post
    no, map relocator is not suppossed to be installed. the purpose of the map relocator is so that k-pro can read the boost, and since you are on the stock ecu and have the powercard controlling the fuel, you should not have the map relocator on.

at about 6,500rpm i would see about 7 psi. at 3,000rpm i saw 4psi, and at 5,000rpm i was at about 5.5psi
    Some say to use the map relocator, thought it was only for reflash or kpro. Where you see 7 psi is see about 5.5. Once i take my header off i will be able to figure out why.

well i put my supercharger in, and am on the race kit with the 440's, and am only peaking about 5.5psi, with no slippage. I have Kpro with the basemap loaded, but i also have the older style Injen CAI that flows straight into the throttle body, not a direct 90 degree elbow on it, the Kiddracing RH, and an HKS exhaust. and it pulls like it's on more than 5 psi, and my autometer ultralite gauge is pretty damn accurate. But i was told since my setup is so free flowing, that the motor is just working very effeiciently and doesnt have the "restriction" to let the charger build lots of boost. anyone care to share?

do you have a hondata IMG installed too? is it leaking past the gaskets? what size pulley is on the charger and on the crank? did you measure them?
    is the car idling high?

im having the same problem... only goes to 5.5psi with the 3.8'' pulley

if your using the power card , Dose it change the cam angles? because if your Not *getting full lift on the cams with a charger your basically limiting the amount of boost trying to get into the motor. also have you checked to see if the recirculation valve is working ? just make sure it springs back when you lift it up.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s13_ep3 View Post
    im having the same problem... only goes to 5.5psi with the 3.8'' pulley
    What belt are u using for the 3.8? the gatorback is horrible and prolly is sliping? Check ur tensioner see if u have like nasty black dust on it, thats a good indicator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information