Close

Thread: greddybolt ons

greddybolt ons

hey im looking into a greddy bolt on turbo kit and for my ep3 and i wanna know if i need to tune the car on or what im pretty new to the turbo scene i need some help

Greddy is fine seeing that you don't a any clue.

ephatch member
    just get kpro and run the greddy 440cc injector map thats already made available. Always listen to kpro never doubt it. It will let you know if your getting any knocks, leaning out, or going rich, etc. Pay attention to any check engine lights you have after you prime the turbo and start the car. And pay attention to your air fuel ratio obviously. But take advice from someone who installed correctly but didn't tune the right way the first time. After you have it installed and running the kpro map dont push it until you get a dyno tune. Then you'll be PERFECT.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    i was in your shoes 2 years ago. i wanted boost right away. dont get it yet. you seem to have a lot to learn. yes you will need a tune. dont use emanage. if you have to use a FMU i say find a guardian ems if your lucky. but kpro is always your best bet. about 800-1000 dollars for the hondata and not sure in your area but a tune here is 450 dollars.

What he said ^ ..... plus you sound like you will need to pay for install which is like 800-1200 depending on where you go. prolly best if you learn about your engine more, as with a turbo you need to know whats goin on or it'll cost ya big time.

Installing a turbo isn't like bolting up a catback where you can install then call it a day. Yes, you need a tune, you'll have to scrap the craptastic emanage and go kpro. There are a lot of hidden costs when it comes to getting a turbo setup going reliably.

If you can only afford the cost of the kit itself you're not ready to buy it.

Thread Information