Close

2k idle :( what to do???

ok so i replaced the pcv sensor because a buddy snapped the neck while installing my jrsc-s...dont ask! and so i replaced it the other day and as stated in a previous thread i posted it was idling at 1.5-2k and so i thought that would do the trick but it didnt. and my other buddy says it may be because of a work tb gasket. could this be the problem? im planning on getting a new img as well because the one i got was shitty(p2r i do not recommend this img) and am planning on getting a hondata img. another question i have is what is a good tb gasket to buy?

oem tb gasket should do the trick. the 2k idle is most likely a leak in one of the hoses. check all your hose for holes or cracks

oem should work fine, and i doubt that the high idle is related to the tb gasket. Do you have a boost gauge installed? Did you install the lower bolt on the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    oem should work fine, and i doubt that the high idle is related to the tb gasket. Do you have a boost gauge installed? Did you install the lower bolt on the charger?
    havent gotten the chance to put that bolt in. i checked all the lines and there weren't any vacuum leaks as far as i could see. the only things that were messed up from the install was the pcv sensor and the lower middle bolt other than that everything was fine. im thinking it may be something with my injectors but thats just a guess

It's hard to "see" vacuum leaks. I'd test by spraying carb cleaner around vacuum lines and listening for idle change. Especially before jumping to the conclusion that it's a blown gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    havent gotten the chance to put that bolt in. i checked all the lines and there weren't any vacuum leaks as far as i could see. the only things that were messed up from the install was the pcv sensor and the lower middle bolt other than that everything was fine. im thinking it may be something with my injectors but thats just a guess
    Well there is a very good chance that that might be your problem. It really isnt to difficult to get it in, just be creative. Im sure your injectors are fine to, assuming you did not drop the fuel rail when installing the charger.

goodluck

im going to put in the bolt next week but in the mean time im going to get the hondata img and tbg just for good measure...who makes a good tbg

im going to put in the bolt next week but in the mean time im going to get the hondata img and tbg just for good measure...who makes a good tbg
    Just get the oem one from honda, inexpensive.

pcv sensor????

hopefully you get everything fixed. Im trouble free for the last 2 weeks.
    I took the car for a long drive about 2 hours, no problems! I guess I was lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by squeak04si View Post
    pcv sensor????
    sorry i meant valve but i replaced it and everything was fine during start up but when i took it around the block for a minute the motor went back to idling at 2k

oem! oem! oem! its been said

why do ppl make threads when they know they havnt done something that can cause a problem isnt done? like that bottom bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    oem! oem! oem! its been said

why do ppl make threads when they know they havnt done something that can cause a problem isnt done? like that bottom bolt
    i know that bottom bolt would potentially be a problem but would it really make it idle at 2? im planning on putting that bolt in on saturday for sure but what else could potentially be the problem i mean everything is on right and the power card led lighting says its all ok since the light is showing green(the powercard is connected the the edu by alligator clamps). my buddy says that alligator clips suck donkey nuts and are planing on sautering the powercard on.

You may have a Iacv problem. if you had a cai on before that would probably be the culprit. its the metal/plastic thing thats under your throttle body. take it off and clean it. then use oil, like hair trimmer oil and a drill with a piece of rubber on the end that will fit over the magnetic part and pulse the drill to spread the oil and make sure that the little slider inside is rotating smoothly and properly. there should be a dyi somewhere for iacv cleaning, either that or ask doug for his.

Thread Information