Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

02/03 rear brake setup?

so i looked and searched around.. maybe i searched the wrong thing.. cant find a setup for my rear brakes....

need to replace them soon.... looking for a good setup for DD and once in a while track....

in the front i have HAWK HPS with Brembo blanks..

Goodridge SS lines all around with OEM brake fluid...

now it's my rear brakes.. any one got good suggestions???

blanks and a performance street pad would be nice. on my car i use oem blanks and satisfied carbon ceramic pads. im happy so far.

ephatch member
    Our rear brakes are the same as the dc5 and alot of other hondas of the same generation. There are a ton of options out there as far as pads go. I would not go for more than a semi aggressive street pad as our cars are very nose heavy. I'm running hawk hp+.

i'd change the fluid before I would get different rear pads.

Get some of this stuff and a set of Hawk HPS pads.
    Done.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini si View Post

Get some of this stuff and a set of Hawk HPS pads.
    Done.
    humm.. motul brake fluid? might go for it next summer.. winter's almost here..

or are they safe enuff for winter too with the ABS, etc? i heard some Brake fluid freeze with SS lines.. cause it makes it even colder in the winter~!

ephatch member
    any1 know the hawk hps rear brake item number?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon208 View Post
    humm.. motul brake fluid? might go for it next summer.. winter's almost here..

or are they safe enuff for winter too with the ABS, etc? i heard some Brake fluid freeze with SS lines.. cause it makes it even colder in the winter~!

I prefer the ATE SuperBlue and Gold synthetic brake fluid. I am not a fan of Motul.

I have NEVER heard of any brake fluid freezing in the winter in the states, unless the vehicle is up north of the Arctic circle up in Alaska.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

or

They are the same thing, just different color to make your life easier when flushing the lines out. It is all you need for a DD and some track every once in a while.

I don't think there is a brake fluid out there that will freeze, unless you haven't changed it in a long time and the water its absorbed freezes on you.

As for the back, just get some blanks and a good set of pads.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I prefer the ATE SuperBlue and Gold synthetic brake fluid. I am not a fan of Motul.

I have NEVER heard of any brake fluid freezing in the winter in the states, unless the vehicle is up north of the Arctic circle up in Alaska.
    Why no Motul? Personal preference, bad experience?
    Curious, if there's something potentially bad going on there I'd like to know!

Banned
    1) Pull you front splash shields, unless you drive through pools of oil, they are not needed and do not let any air to your air cooled brakes.
    2) The 03-04 ep3 front rotors are to small for the cars weight. There is no pad that is going to work on a road course and as a dd pad. I suggest you look at getting 2 sets of front pads and changing the ft pads when you go to the track....a lot of people do this. I suggest you look at getting some hps for dd and some ht-10 for track days....

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294873083

The ht-10 are bucks but they will still work well at temps that will melt your rotors.

your real goal would be to get some "better" ft brakes like willwood.

Banned
    Stuff has to much glycol in it( to increase boiling temps), you need to change it out every year....ok if you are a race team, kinda sucks for a dd.

In order for Motul to have such a high boiling temp it uses a higher % of glycol. Glycol is hygroscopic, meaning it readily absorbs moisture from its surroundings.

So, due to Motuls higher % of glycol over other lower temp fluids... it means that Motul requires more maintenance then other fluids in order to retain its high boiling point. and given the general lack of maintenance that brake fluid sees in most cars... you may be better off with something that lasts longer between needing flushing.

Other wise, for brake pads... Unless you are looking to tweak your brake balance, its typically best to run the same pads front & rear.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Stuff has to much glycol in it( to increase boiling temps), you need to change it out every year....ok if you are a race team, kinda sucks for a dd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyzx View Post
    In order for Motul to have such a high boiling temp it uses a higher % of glycol. Glycol is hygroscopic, meaning it readily absorbs moisture from its surroundings.

So, due to Motuls higher % of glycol over other lower temp fluids... it means that Motul requires more maintenance then other fluids in order to retain its high boiling point. and given the general lack of maintenance that brake fluid sees in most cars... you may be better off with something that lasts longer between needing flushing.

Other wise, for brake pads... Unless you are looking to tweak your brake balance, its typically best to run the same pads front & rear.
    Well shit on me!
    I had no idea...so, good fluid for a spirited daily driver? I'm a bit confused now.

Well shit on me!
    I had no idea...so, good fluid for a spirited daily driver? I'm a bit confused now.
    stock, you wont ever boil off properly maintained stock fluid on the street.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information