Close

Banned

What the heck is that squeeking noise??

OK, so basically I have bought my EP back in december... and there were no real annoyances when I first bought the car/ test drove it. This is on stock suspension btw!

Anyways... after like a month I started to hear faint squeeks randomly when going different bumps in the road. The the randomly changed into not so random, it started squeeking on every little bump.... even on sewer covers. Then the faint squeeking turned into louder and louder squeeking.

I wanted to lower the car a bit... so I bought some used Tein S. Techs and slapped them onto my stock shocks.... and ever since then... the squeeking has completely stopped.... and I was so happy about that(only installed fronts). (I put the springs on in Late April).... now the squeeking is back after 3 months.... rite now it is very faint, but it still squeeks on every little bump... AND IT WILL GET LOUDER. So what the heck is it?

i had a slight squeak for the past couple of days....just fixed it this morning. i knew what it was but i was too lazy lol. it literally took like 30sec to fix it. check the nut on top of the strut. under the hood. on top of the strut. not the 3 that bolt the strut to the car, but the one on top/center of the strut

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    i had a slight squeak for the past couple of days....just fixed it this morning. i knew what it was but i was too lazy lol. it literally took like 30sec to fix it. check the nut on top of the strut. under the hood. on top of the strut. not the 3 that bolt the strut to the car, but the one on top/center of the strut
    good look MANG!! I'll pop the hood tomorrow morning since I have a day off... too dark rite now...

it would make sense since u said the noise started quiet and then got louder. then when u put in the new springs, that nut got re-tightend and then it worked itself loose again......thats what happened to me lol.....

Usually it is the upper bearings that need replacement with a stock suspension or one that utilizes the stock top hat. Also make sure the rearmost front lower control arm bolt is properly tightened properly when the suspension is loaded.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

so did ya get a chance to check the bolt?

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    Usually it is the upper bearings that need replacement with a stock suspension or one that utilizes the stock top hat. Also make sure the rearmost front lower control arm bolt is properly tightened properly when the suspension is loaded.
    How do you tighten it when the suspension is loaded? Doesn't that mean the weight of the vehicle is resting on the suspension and the wheels are therefore on? I'm missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEP9 View Post
    How do you tighten it when the suspension is loaded? Doesn't that mean the weight of the vehicle is resting on the suspension and the wheels are therefore on? I'm missing something...
    Yep, it requires that the car be either on a drive-on rack or up on ramps. If not, the rubber bushing can and will rip.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Thread Information