Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMISE View Post
    Im with Forevapmp on this one. As an educated person you have to realize that J's is a racing oriented business that makes parts for track use. I guarantee you that this product went through extensive design review, wind tunnel testing, computer simulations along with a whole rigor of other measurements to ensure its ability to provide downforce on the track. Mechanical engineering degree or not you have to recognize that a company like J's produced this wing out of an extensive process of design and testing. Research and Development would have been an integral part of its production.
    The only problem he has with it, isn't about it's functionality. Just the fact that it is designed as a spoiler sitting on to of the HFP or CTR wing.... The whole "Wing on wing" deal.

Whatever you people want to say, i'll still be rocking this wing come spring!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    The only problem he has with it, isn't about it's functionality. Just the fact that it is designed as a spoiler sitting on to of the HFP or CTR wing.... The whole "Wing on wing" deal.

Whatever you people want to say, i'll still be rocking this wing come spring!
    I quoted Skep18, read his post. He claims that
    1.) It has zero purpose.
    2.) It produces zero downforce.
    3.) It has zero performance attributes in either its foundational design nor in its placement on the car.

My contention is that J's did in fact design and test this product to all of the above in one realm or another. But what do I know, Im not a mechanical engineer.

oh, and 4.) Go kill yourself if you believe any of the above.

I know it's stupid! I mean J's Racing is probably sitting at the top of the podium for carbon aero part development and fabrication in Japan. So i just don't care what people have to say because they are stupid! LOL! Like it or not, there will be this wing on my taffy come next racing season! It's going to look hawt!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    I know it's stupid! I mean J's Racing is probably sitting at the top of the podium for carbon aero part development and fabrication in Japan. So i just don't care what people have to say because they are stupid! LOL! Like it or not, there will be this wing on my taffy come next racing season! It's going to look hawt!
    cant wait to see it bro!

Yeah i'm not looking forward to dropping $1000 on it, or waiting 4 months to receive it. But when it does finally come in, i'll be estatic. My only other thought was to go to the local composite shop to see if they can fabricate a similar wing. The composite shop down the road from me fabricates all of Realtime Racing's carbon aero parts. Along wiht a couple other Speed World Challenge Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by benkieboy View Post
    if it's really functional, why not make a wing that's functional. like skep18 said, it's a wing on wing!

lol! i wasnt really thinking when i typed this! what i meant was they should make a one piece wing, not a wing on top of another wing. i'd rock it but i hope they make another one wherein you wont have to drill holes into your existing cf.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by benkieboy View Post
    lol! i wasnt really thinking when i typed this! what i meant was they should make a one piece wing, not a wing on top of another wing. i'd rock it but i hope they make another one wherein you wont have to drill holes into your existing cf.
    I understood what you were saying you just had a hard time sayin it huh? haha

haha i was at work and my boss kept on checking on me.

For all you mofo's who are dogging the wing, why don't you each send me $100 dollars and I'll get it so I can test to see if I'm a RICER in the land of emissions...lol... I'll even drop by Castro to see if it would make me gay...

What I believe the people against the "wing upon a wing" idea are trying to say is that J's or BYS should just make a total replacement for the OEM wing instead of creating one that mounts on top of the OEM wing.

However, it should be known that J's and (probably) BYS did some great R&D work on their products. I cannot say without a doubt that they are functional, as I have no experience with them. But come on.. it's J's and BYS. Their products are quality.

The thing is that all hatches are limited to what wing they can run. I mean think about it, other than the Mugen wing, what other design would you put on your car? I think that it's the best looking GT style wing on the market. And to tell you the truth i probably wouldn't run any other designed wing for our car other than the Mugen. That only leaves the "Wing on a wing".

Mugen or HFP wings are my choices for wings. Theres always the Wings West mid wing LOL That reminds me of focuses for some reason. I would rock that wing if I did road course all the time, but for the DD I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by phister View Post
    Mugen or HFP wings are my choices for wings. Theres always the Wings West mid wing LOL That reminds me of focuses for some reason. I would rock that wing if I did road course all the time, but for the DD I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Forevapmp View Post
    If that wing is put on a track car I see no issues...... I like it cause its functional. (but still has to be on a track car)
    Yep, anything else and its causing too much drag. Perfect for the track, if youre baller

May wind Oct. rain
    You guys are stupid to be arguing about the wing =).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information