Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

too many choices. help me out?

alright so i got my ep3 two weeks ago i love this car, it surpasses everyone else with looks and originality, i just want some more power. whats my best bet while stayin in reasonable price range (im expecting well over 1k) for a swap, i've heard negatives about putting heads on the a3 block. so whats my best bet or should i just go with forced induction. so... shoot!

The cheapest swap is the K24a1. It has the same amount of horsepower but more torque, and you can run it with the stock ecu.

ephatch member
    ^not quite. The k24a4 is the cheapest.

Wurd.
    I wouldn't let price be your guide... do it the way you want it the first time, IMO. Many people keep upping the mods. If you like working on your car, and are willing to go through a few set-ups, then have fun. Otherwise, I suggest read everything in the engine/swaps sections and then decide what you really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

k24a2 supercharged civicsibaby04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    I wouldn't let price be your guide... do it the way you want it the first time, IMO. Many people keep upping the mods. If you like working on your car, and are willing to go through a few set-ups, then have fun. Otherwise, I suggest read everything in the engine/swaps sections and then decide what you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    makes sense. i have a basic idea, just need a little push in the right direction, is there a head i can put on my a3 that will work smoothly and i would benefit from? like an a2 or a z1

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_si View Post
    Is there a head i can put on my a3 that will work smoothly and i would benefit from? like an a2 or a z1
    In short, no. Turbo or full swap for real gains.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

you could put a k20a2 head on the A3 but you just wont gain much power from it plus for what you pay, its not worth it, tho it only costs 700-1000 its not worth for what the power you get. SURE you get that nice Vtec crossover but remember, you want power, then this is not for you. BEST bet, full k20a2 swap or a k20z1 swap. OR even better k24a2. Theres so many options, you could go for a K24a1 with a a2 head. ENDLESS possiblities. For 1000 its kinda hard to do anything. how bout Kpro? it'll start you somewhere, and you can work from there.

Personally I would go for a full swap just cus you can get the motor with the tranny and the k20a2 comes with a six speed....it all depends what your goals are. Just start off small and start gathering parts, like kpro, headers, exhaust. Then start saving up for the motor. If you have access to a dealer license then you could buy a wrecked rsx type S for CHEAP, cheaper then what you can get the motor for and you can use all the other stuff from the Rsx like lug swap, leather seats, motor swap THAT is if you have a dealer license

Sorry for such a long post just trying to show you your options. Also remember there is Boost, you could supercharge your car?

2jz is a great swap.

But really, I rock a k24a1.

everyone is gonna say k24 yada yada lol but i still love my k20a2....

2.0L all the way

k24 yada yada.

List your goals and we can help you more.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    you could put a k20a2 head on the A3 but you just wont gain much power from it plus for what you pay, its not worth it, tho it only costs 700-1000 its not worth for what the power you get. SURE you get that nice Vtec crossover but remember, you want power, then this is not for you. BEST bet, full k20a2 swap or a k20z1 swap. OR even better k24a2. Theres so many options, you could go for a K24a1 with a a2 head. ENDLESS possiblities. For 1000 its kinda hard to do anything. how bout Kpro? it'll start you somewhere, and you can work from there.

Personally I would go for a full swap just cus you can get the motor with the tranny and the k20a2 comes with a six speed....it all depends what your goals are. Just start off small and start gathering parts, like kpro, headers, exhaust. Then start saving up for the motor. If you have access to a dealer license then you could buy a wrecked rsx type S for CHEAP, cheaper then what you can get the motor for and you can use all the other stuff from the Rsx like lug swap, leather seats, motor swap THAT is if you have a dealer license

Sorry for such a long post just trying to show you your options. Also remember there is Boost, you could supercharge your car?
    nah the long post is appreciated and i actually do have access to dealer license my buddy has a lot, i assume you mean goto an auction?

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    k24 yada yada.

List your goals and we can help you more.
    well my goals are pretty general, im not stuck on na vs fi just want to make at least 200hp and have about 2 grand to play around with now

Quote Originally Posted by 03_si View Post
    well my goals are pretty general, im not stuck on na vs fi just want to make at least 200hp and have about 2 grand to play around with now

1. just doing a head swap is costly with very minimal gains, and you still need kpro to operate the engine.

2. K20A2 with 6spd and stock ECU

3. K24A2 with stock 5 speed and Kpro

4. K24A1/A4 w/ K20A2 head and Kpro

5.K20A3 w/JRsc

6. K20A3 w/turbo

7. Kpro is in my book, the first item to procure!

You can possiblly do this on a 2K shoestring budget, but anything on the K-series is not cheap, there is no longer "B"series cheapness! LOL
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

^ Good list.

You might be able to make it close to 200 with a k24a1/a4 with I/RH/E and cams too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information