Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    k24a2 for everyday driving

yea im with doug. kpro is def. the first thing u should get. that way ur not limited to anything

Quote Originally Posted by bchaney View Post
    k24 yada yada.
    smart-ass lol

Quote Originally Posted by 03_si View Post
    nah the long post is appreciated and i actually do have access to dealer license my buddy has a lot, i assume you mean goto an auction?
    YEh thats what i was trying to say lol go to an auction. lol the word was there but couldn't say it lol anyways, i was about to buy a rsx type s last week that was hit in the rear and i was able to use EVERYTHING from the car. it was about 2300 i believe, black, black interior, motor started and everything. I just didnt have 2300 + some laying, what sucks about these you have to pay straight out cash. I dont know how it is there but thats how it is here.

For 2k the closest you can get to 200whp is a jrsc street kit and a nice RH. You wont be able to incorporate the race kit without getting kpro(highly reccomended). You wont make 200whp with 2k, plain and simple. The race kit with no bolt ons and kpro wont even get you there and you are looking at spending about 2600 at that point. Assuming you don't do your own work...expect to pay 400 for a s/c install and about 800-1000 for a motor swap. I always have to assume the TS is not doing their own work considering most people don't, so when he says he has 2k I incorporate labor costs in too.

couldn't i swap in an a2, don't they make close to 200hp stock? or is that just manufacturer rated, i'd be doing all labor myself... i'm not an asshole

couldn't i swap in an a2, don't they make close to 200hp stock? or is that just manufacturer rated, i'd be doing all labor myself... i'm not an asshole
    Ok lets say you get a totalled car for 2300. Now add in the clutch and all your fluids and filters. We are up to an easy 2500 now. The type s makes closer to say around 180whp stock(I'm sure someone has the actually figure). The factory rated hp is to the crank and not to the wheels. Now if you were to add in CAI/RH/E/kpro(another 1600 for those) then you can get up to 215-220whp...but thats really blowing your budget out of the water.

how much is a k20 swap running or better yet what's a good site i could peep one off of? i know pwjdm had some but they just have bseries shit now i think

ephatch member
    Im in the same boat as you, looking to upgrade but i have around 4k after i sell my CRX. I'd like to go the route that gives me the most torque, so im going with K24a2 from what i've looked into. I'll be leaving all my stuff stock aside from a new clutch (why not while it's all apart?) and upgrading as i feel the need. Now it's a matter of finding a longblock or a totalled car. Who's got recommendations on where i could look for getting a reasonably priced full smashed up car? Im so used to working on my old GSR CRX, these new cars are a whole new ball game with parts :P

I would get these things in this order..... That way you have time to save between.

0) Stock -135 whp
    1) DC5 race header and DC5 specific mid-pipe ~ $500.00 - 145 whp
    2) K-pro $900 - 155 whp
    3) k24a1 $1300 - 180 whp lots of Tq
    4) k20a2 head $800 plus head studs and gaskets ~$150.00 - 220 whp

Thats the kind of plan i would set

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    I would get these things in this order..... That way you have time to save between.

0) Stock -135 whp
    2) K-pro $900 - 155 whp

i say follow what this guy has said....its a VERY good way to go. and probably one of the most cost effective.

0) Stock -135 whp
    2) K-pro $900 - 155 whp

well i already have an hks hipower exhaust so i guess i should get a exhaust manifold and start stackin for kpro

well i already have an hks hipower exhaust so i guess i should get a exhaust manifold and start stackin for kpro
    Thats fine,

But for a k24 you have to have a DC5 (RSX type S) specific header. Because EP race headers won't clear the bottom of the car when matched with a taller k24 block.

All you'll need to do is have a muffler shop cut your HKS mid-pipe and hav them weld a new flange on to mate up with the header. shouldn't be more the 40 bucks.

Or you can spend big bucks and get the real deal. A hytech or SSR header custom made for a k24 in an ep. 1,100~1,300 bucks

This is what i had to do to my thermal mid-pipe.

ephatch member
    Thats fine,

But for a k24 you have to have a DC5 (RSX type S) specific header. Because EP race headers won't clear the bottom of the car when matched with a taller k24 block.

All you'll need to do is have a muffler shop cut your HKS mid-pipe and hav them weld a new flange on to mate up with the header. shouldn't be more the 40 bucks.

Or you can spend big bucks and get the real deal. A hytech or SSR header custom made for a k24 in an ep. 1,100~1,300 bucks

This is what i had to do to my thermal mid-pipe.

will an RSX header clear the EP with the stock motor? I'm looking to slowly upgrade before i sell my car and cash in on a K24.

You're better off just leaving the header off of the car until you swap in the k24.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information