Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

time for a set of new wheels...

Okay I'm looking to get some new wheels for my car. I've kinda narrowed it down to a couple of wheels. The lip look is okay but I've always been a fan of the aggressive concave look on wheels... Right now its really between the RS or the XT7.

Advan RS (kind of my frontrunner) Always loved these wheels. would get them in 17x7.5 +35mm offset 4x100

Work Emotion XT7 - Like the look and style and has a good amount of offsets to choose from. Would get in 17x8 +25mm or +32mm offset mostly like the +25mm

Enkei GTC 01 - came out last year or so I believe, havent seen them on alot of cars. Would get in 17x7 +38mm offset

Heres what my car looks like right now.

Last edited by cow; 09-13-2008 at 07:11 AM.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Works. And yes, I'm biased.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

its funny cuz Ive had wheels from two of the three companys. Ive had the Work VS-XX and then had Enkei GTV on my prelude. Only one isnt Advan. But I do love the Work wheels fo sho... plus I havent seen many with the XT7, seen the XD9 on some. hmmmm decisions
    Last edited by phister; 09-13-2008 at 02:11 AM.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Yeah I love living in my ghetto town because nobody's seen any real wheels. They just roll around with Pep Boys chromes or some other crap. I could rock Emotions and I'd still be the first and only in Macon with em. But I understand the need for individuality. And VS-XX are hawt if you have the right set up for them.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

The Advans will probably suck on the EP because of the high offset.

& editted your first post.

hard to choose cuz they all good...

Think I'm gonna lean towards the Works since they come with a lower offset. Hopefully I'll get them after this semester of school when my work reimburse me my tutition cost or if I can sell my Volks on here pretty quick. Must get to 200 posts lol

i say go with the advans cuz if you go too low of an offset like stated then your gonna have to run stretched tires on it with more camber therefore loosing performance cuz the rears will need too much camber also killing tires. the advans looks nice with a good offset that will sit flush!

I say works. Give your car a different feel

how concave are the advans going to be tho? i'm pretty sure they aren't going to look like the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    how concave are the advans going to be tho? i'm pretty sure they aren't going to look like the pic.
    The advans will actually have some concave to them... my enkei gtv were +35mm and they had a pretty good concave look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_ep3 View Post
    i say go with the advans cuz if you go too low of an offset like stated then your gonna have to run stretched tires on it with more camber therefore loosing performance cuz the rears will need too much camber also killing tires. the advans looks nice with a good offset that will sit flush!

Yeah too much neg. camber is a b... I was thinking I might get my fenders pulled to give it a lil bit of the wider look but I dont know how much I can get them pulled out. If it comes down to it I'll either get the +35mm advans or the +32mm works, +25mm might be pushing it. I've seen how supreme's car looks with a 0 offset and I'd be way too worried about scrapping the lip of the wheel with that much of a stretched tire.

id say the work in bronze since you want a change. but those enkies look sweet too

Yeah I'm either going to go with bronze or gold. My volks are custom painted champagne gold right now. The look good but I just dont want a lip anymore on my wheels, becomes a pain after a while to clean. I use Mothers Magnesium and Aluminium polish on them once a week to keep them shiny and clean.

eh not bad...

17x7.5 +35

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information