Close

ephatch member

Will Fit HFP Wheels Fit?

Hey all - I am looking at the 2007 Fit HFP wheels (205/45/16 tire). They have a +55 offset (I think), whereas the stockies have a +45. The Fit HFPs are 16 x 6.5" I believe. The car has stock suspension. So the questions are:

• Will there be any rubbing?
    • Do I need (or would it be better to use) spacers? If so, can you guys suggest some?
    • Will there be any abnormal wear on the suspension / wheel bearings / other components from running a wheel with an offset that high?
    • Are there any other issues I should be concerned about if I run with these wheels?

I know there is at least one member here that has them, but I have not been able to find much info as to how they ride and how well they work on the car. I do not think the size (16") should be a concern even though stock on the car is 15".

Thanks!

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Pretty post.

On a stock suspension, you're fine. There's pretty much no way you're going to manage to get any tire rub on that tire size and 16 inch wheels. If anything, 16s just fill our ugly wheel wells better than the stock 15s in my opinion. As for the offset, I WANNA say that it's not going to be an issue, but you might wait for somebody more familiar with a +55 to say something on that note.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

you may need a 10mm spacer.

someone on here has Fit HFP wheels. I forget who, but his EP is blue and they look sweet

ephatch member
    Thanks for the replies guys. The HFP rims on the VBP EP3 made me want to look into them more. However, the more I look into it, the more questions come to my mind.

I probably will need 10mm spacers as Mugsy said because I was thinking about it, and +55 is a big offset when coming from a +45. Does using spacers cause undue stress on the wheel bearings or other components? Also, are the H&R Trak+ DRS spacers good ones to go with?

It also seems that I will need to run 205/50/16 tires to keep the speedometer within spec. Running 205/45/16 (the tires recommended for the Fit rims) would make the speedometer run about 4% fast. Also, I should probably run with a +1 sizing, which from the stock 185/60/15s would be 205/50/16. Would tires that size work on the HFP Fit Rims and on the EP?

Thanks again

205 45 16 is only recommended because they assume they would be going on a fit. a 205 50 16 would be fine.

ephatch member
    Thanks - it seems he is not running spacers, but the wheels probably could use them. Unfortunately, no one answered his question about if he should be using spacers or not. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to go with these wheels or not, because I would be putting spacers on them (I want them to be offset as close to stock as possible). Would I also need hub centric rings for the rims?

If I go with Kics Projects spacers, that would be around $280 in addition to the price of the wheels and tires (something like $1,300 by the time everything is done). H&R spacers would run about $228, so the difference is not that great, but I like how the Kics have the studs on them. So I gotta think about if the look is worth that much.

Banned
    running 205 tires ftl.......skinny rims for the bigger loss.

Thread Information