Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar

Report site problems/errors here

Any issues with the site, broken links, stickies, whatever ... if its not working properly please address it here so the staff can report to 1 thread and knock it out immediatly.

thank you all for your continued support of ephatch and patience as we get things worked out. there will be glitches and bugs the next few days. Jpax is back (YEAAAA!) to help us out with these, design new layouts, and install a buncha goodies.

we have LOTS in store... but ephatch is priority right now so lets get her cleaned up and running great! thanks everyone!

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Site design (Joe?): When I view a thread the location of that thread (the branching? Idk) is almost entirely unviewable. I see little bits of the lettering. Changing the zoom on the page does nothing. I think the frame is covered by our new "google custom search" box frame.

Ex. where normally it would say like "Forum >> Member Introductions and Site Questions > Report Site Problems/Errors Here" I just see the very bottom of those letters and can click that tiny sliver as links. I think it just needs some new spacing.
    Last edited by wizDUMB; 04-24-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

^I think so. If you link your ephatch account with Facebook then the post count requirement is waived. (I think anyway)

Re: Report site problems/errors here

I don't think it's the best idea, someone could easily make a fake Facebook and rip a few people off...

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo129 View Post
    I don't think it's the best idea, someone could easily make a fake Facebook and rip a few people off...
    People were using the Facebook page to sell parts so this would happen regardless.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Don't know about anyone else but before I would buy from someone on FB I would go through their profile to make sure they were a legitimate person (pretty easy if you ask me). My Facebook profile is linked, but can you tell..? Not to my knowledge. Also I'm not one to hurry and PayPal someone money with no previous posts. IMO bad idea..

At the end of the day you don't have buyer protection and the 200 post rule was only making people circumvent it through Facebook.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

You know the fake accounts that get created here and then post 10-20 new threads a day of nonsense? What's it to go to Facebook.com type in a name/email and DOB, then simply link it and post a phoney "For sale Ad"? I could do it in about 10 minutes, grab a couple pics from Google Images/eBay etc. List the product for an unusually low price to get attention. Then get the PayPal money from an anxious buyer thinking he's getting a "good deal"...

All I'm saying is I think its going to add to the already big mess of "spammers".

Now an idea would be to have EVERY member on ephatch link their account and make their FB information public just like FB does. Make it more of a "community" style.

Just a thought...

Spam is actually generated by bots in 9 out of 10 cases.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

my introduction post is gone :( please fix...
    here's the link: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...s-introduction

Quote Originally Posted by revned3182 View Post
    my introduction post is gone :( please fix...
    here's the link: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...s-introduction
    I can't find the thread in our recycle bin... you may have to just post again unless an Admin can find a way to resurrect it. Sorry :(
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Saw this just now:

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo129 View Post
    You know the fake accounts that get created here and then post 10-20 new threads a day of nonsense? What's it to go to Facebook.com type in a name/email and DOB, then simply link it and post a phoney "For sale Ad"? I could do it in about 10 minutes, grab a couple pics from Google Images/eBay etc. List the product for an unusually low price to get attention. Then get the PayPal money from an anxious buyer thinking he's getting a "good deal"...

All I'm saying is I think its going to add to the already big mess of "spammers".

Now an idea would be to have EVERY member on ephatch link their account and make their FB information public just like FB does. Make it more of a "community" style.

Just a thought...
    It is set up that way, but you have people that bitch about not having facebook or won't use it. then you have people that will bitch because they are not linked. listen regardless of the way you set it up, just tell the person your buying from to link his facebook account to ephatch.com if your worried about it. and use paypal with protection you will still be protected in some way. it's the internet, you can get scammed on facebook too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information