Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12V light switch

So I'm looking to run some leds hooked up to the headlight switch. Anyone know a good spot to tap or plug in to so the leds turn on when i turn headlights on?

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    So I'm looking to run some leds hooked up to the headlight switch. Anyone know a good spot to tap or plug in to so the leds turn on when i turn headlights on?
    Just headlights or parking lights too? do you have fogs?

no i don't have fogs. the idea is to have them running when at night so headlights make sense. No I don't have fogs.

The fog lights harness has a pin on it for the switch, this pin comes on when the sidemarkers come on, and plugs into the interior fuse panel. This provides power for the relay to switch on the high current source for the fogs. If you can grab that line, fuse it and run the LED's off of that then it would be ideal and self contained. they WILL come on with the park lights and flash when you lock/unlock but it would be a hell of a lot easier than finding/messing with the headlamp feed.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

ahh thanks. I was hoping it'd be simple like tapping into the dome lights. How would I get my hands on such harness? Is there one I can buy?
    Last edited by ttttrigg3r; 04-02-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    ahh thanks. I was hoping it'd be simple like tapping into the dome lights. How would I get my hands on such harness? Is there one I can buy?
    But the dome lights do not come on with the headlamps, you want these coming on with the headlamps correct?

Yeah headlights. I did the DIY for leds that comes on when you open your door, and that was simple as tapping into a wire and an empty socket in the fuse box. I was wondering if this can be done but instead of opening the door, I turn on headlights and leds inside turn on.

that would drive me nuts.

hahaha you could...but don't want toooo run the wire right the the fuse box and wrap the wire around the headlight fuse and then just plug the fuse back in haha

Why would that drive you nuts? I want hidden leds to light up my cup holder at night without blinding me. So I can just wrap the wire around the fuse and plug it back in? Thanks I think I'll try that.

LOL, I had a vision of footkighting on all the time :D

I'd use the fog plug and it would come on with the dash lights, makes mroe sense to me, I'll look to see if I have a spare plug for that hole, I have a hacked up fog harness and I believe that plug is still in tact.

i have my foot lights on all the time when i drive at night! i love the whole red floor thing haha and when i open my doors all my dome and map lights are red as well

but ya you could run the power wire thru the whole in the firewall then right to the fuse box, pull one of the headlight fuses wrap the wire around it then just plug it back in and then when you turn your headlights on you'll have your lights!!

wait which fuse box are we talking about? Are you talking about the one in the engine bay? I was assuming you are talking about the one under the dash. Chad if u got the junk plug and would like to donate/cheap then thanks =]

the headlight fuse is in the fuse box in the engine bay. so if you wanted to wire to that you would need to wire thru the fire wall in the floor..

or you could do what i did and just run a switch to that spare hole we next to the shifter. i bought a switch for 3 bucks and set it up to my foot lights ill take a poopy cell pick and post it up for you

My foot lights go on with the dome lights and they only come on when the door's open and fades away. You have it constant so it's easy to tap into your wires with constant 12v. If I wanted to do it constant like yours with a switch would I still need to go to the fuse box under the engine bay or is there one inside?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information