Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmm...torque :D

Part numbers for projector headlights

i see that there is a sticky identifying every part number for the usdm headlights and taillights. before this...loss?...there was a thread over here that identified all the parts on the edm projector. would anyone happen to have this available?

i need this information so i can find out what bulbs i need for the city lights, the turn signals, and high beams, in addition to what connector i may be able to find that will connect to the leveling motors

bump for any information. would anyone know where i can find those parts?

don't you have an 04/05?

1) the high beam (9005) and turn signal (7440 or 7440A) bulb/socket/pig tail is the same from the stock USDM 04/05 headlight.

2) for the city light (168 or 168A), you can use the 02/03 city light bulb/socket/pigtail.
    3) for the low beam in the projector, it depends on whether you have HID or halogen. for the HIDs, i got the TSX ballast pigtail from acura. the bulb would be a d2s. i remember it being pretty pricey for a freakin pigtail. for halogen i believe its H1. you could easily make a harness that converts the 9006 to a H1. you could get these parts from any auto parts store like autozone or pepboys.

Bruce had a DIY for the leveling switch and harness, but i believe it's gone due to the 2010 crash. he modified a ebay fog harness. you're gonna have to source a leveling switch. either SSR, meklz or mr-alternative could probably help you.

if you need help, PM me. i think you're more or less local to me. i owe you for helping me with those LSD/6speed questions i had. hope this helps though
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

thanks for the response, mike--i definitely didnt know where to start for the city light.

i actually was able to source an ebay fog harness, but i am still missing a few connectors. i was able to get the connector that matches the leveling switch (and just about everything else), but i need to pick up the connector that matches the leveling motor. mr-alternative was able to source me one of them, but that was more out of luck than anything. i am looking to see if i can find these part numbers so that i can put that harness together i was hoping bruce would chime in--right now though im in no hurry--id just like to get these headlights out of my room and on my car.

off topic, but when are you planning on installing that lsd and 6 speed?
    Last edited by lldiesel386ll; 03-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.

my ep got totaled two weeks ago. the tranny i was building never made it onto the car. i had just taken the tranny apart, didnt even get to press anything in..

so yea, the city light is kinda tricky. you can buy the city light plug from showstoppers or SSR. but the city light from an 02/03 stock USDM headlight will work. i reused mine when i went from 02/03 usdm to LHD EDM HID projectors. you do have to kind of wedge it in there, but i works. no leaking or movement of the socket when it installed. the main differences between the 02/03 USDM city light to the projector city light is that it is slightly longer. you could source the proper city light like i said but i dont think its worth it. just make a trip to a junk yard.

for the leveling motor, i just used female quick connect/spade connectors. i ran it for approx 4 years with no problems.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

no kidding-what happened? hopefully everyone was okay in the incident. any plans for what you're doing with all those parts?

if its not going to be another ep, are you willing to part ways with that leveling motor harness?

anyone with this information?

I concur. I have EDM halogens that I'm in the process of converting to LHD HID. I know there was a thread that listed the part numbers for the screws that hold the ballasts to the housing, the cap, gasket,and screw that go over the back of the low beam opening, and all of the other sockets etc needed for the conversion.

bump for any information

so i looked on japanparts.com, and i found the following image:

from that i know i am missing number 16 and 19, but it doesnt specify the parts for the leveling motors. would anyone know what these part numbers those bulbs and leveling motor connections would be?

JapanParts looks like they have most of the parts but they don't give Honda part numbers and do a terrible job of explaining what the parts are.

The leveling motors are made by Hella. You can't buy them from the Honda dealer separate from the housing at most dealers and the one or two that I found want about $150 each. One of my motors broke in shipping so I found this:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-..._Motor/ES2365/

From the pictures it looks to be the same mounting design. The plug is different but since you can't really get pigtails for either this will have to be some sort of custom wiring job (If you find any pigtails to help wire these please pass on the info).

This should clear up your part number questions:

I'm not sure why some of the numbers are missing.

Update:

Here is a parts list from Portugal EPC. It has a more complete set of part numbers.

Last edited by mage182; 04-05-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Better parts list found.

wow, wish i could give you rep points for the info. i really could've used this info 4 years ago
    Green Crew #7

For the ballast, if you want to run an all OEM setup, they use the same one from an 04-05 tsx. They're made by Mitsubishi Electric. Cheaper to get them here (Ebay is a good source).

If you want the leveling switch, the PN is 35820-S5S-G11ZA

I know there was a post that is currently lost that had a whole list of what you need to retro the 04-05 headlights with HID into an 02-03 EP. One of the details was the fact that Honda doesn't sell the low beam cover in the US. They do sell the gasket and the screw to hold it on. The post said that there is a comparable part coming from a few years of the NSX. Does anyone have that part number?

Also, for those wiring up the leveling system, what are you doing for pigtails? I have the motors and the switch and I really don't want to do it any way but the right way. Does anyone have any ideas?

andre (mr-alternative) can provide you with those covers if necessary. from what i understand usedep3 used quick connect/spade female connectors to put his harness together. on that note though--in your wtb thread, mike, you mentioned you found the pigtails at acura. if i go over to an acura dealership do you think i will be able to source one of those connectors? outside of the fact that i overlooked the fact that the hi beams are h1 rather than 9006, i am pretty much ready to put it all together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information