Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I hastily swapped it out with a K24a1. I love the torque, and it helps spool my big ol turbo up a little better.
    I have some 1000cc injectors, head studs, Skunk2 turbo cams, and Supertech springs and retainers waiting for me to install. I was thinking about high boost, and a spare E85 tune in a few weeks. I think about 18psi would blow my hair back a bit. :D

yah i think so too lol i only push 10 psi on mine from a 3.2'' pully and thats as far as boost runs for me. i too wanted to do a k24 block but my buddy hooked me up on a new jdm k20a for so cheap i had to do it and ill never look back lol

nice car nice setup.. loving it. where in colorado do you stay.. and how did yo tune your car..kpro..?

well if you come across anybody with a k20a for very cheap AGAIN.. call me ..lol im in the springs.. i dont see much ep3 down in this area..

Quote Originally Posted by goldEp View Post
    nice car nice setup.. loving it. where in colorado do you stay.. and how did yo tune your car..kpro..?
    I got tuned in Colorado Springs by Jeremy at Servion. I think he's really good. I'm pretty happy, and am going back to him when I re-tune soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldEp View Post
    well if you come across anybody with a k20a for very cheap AGAIN.. call me ..lol im in the springs.. i dont see much ep3 down in this area..
    There are a lot of RSXs, and several EP3s. ClubRSX/ClubEP3 is based out of the Springs, and there's CorSport in Denver, so I see quite a few rolling around. Go to the Shell station/Best Buy on North Academy on a Friday or Saturday night, and you'll see a ridiculous amount of nice cars.

my buddy dom can hook me up fat with a lot of parts. he has been dealing with hondas for as long as i have known him. it took him some time but he did in fact find a great new k20 for me and gave the bff discount.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    my buddy dom can hook me up fat with a lot of parts. he has been dealing with hondas for as long as i have known him. it took him some time but he did in fact find a great new k20 for me and gave the bff discount.
    did he used to drive a red RX-7? boosted with Nitrous?
    Last edited by xhx; 09-22-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Looks sick! love the stealthy intercooler!

Quote Originally Posted by bandana2wycked View Post
    Looks sick! love the stealthy intercooler!
    Thanks. Can't see the intercooler at all really, even closeup.
    Keeps it fairly sleepy looking.
    Now with the HFP kit, every beat up Integra I see wants to rev on me though.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    I lol'd... Did he live 1/4 mile at a time?

Car looks good!

I lol'ed ....

yes except he lives his life a 1/4 pounder at a time in those ten burgers or less......you can hear him get fatter

Updated Progress

Here's some new good stuff I just picked up:

Peakboost manifold, downpipe, testpipe, dumptube.

Supertech flat face valves, valve seals, retainers, dual springs, Skunk2 stage 1 turbo cams.

You can now begin wagering whether or not my stock k24a1 block will handle 18psi on a good E85 tune

(not pictured: Competition Clutch Stage 4 , Injector Dynamics 1000cc 'jectors, TiAL 44mm black wastegate, black RBC intake manifold, Cometic head gasket, ARP head studs, Hondata intake manifold gasket.)
    Last edited by groovezog; 05-08-2010 at 12:55 PM.

im gonna go ahead and say your gonna throw a rod running a stock bottom end with that much boost might as well do it right and just build the whole motor up instead of the top end man dont waste a perfectly good block

Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    im gonna go ahead and say your gonna throw a rod running a stock bottom end with that much boost might as well do it right and just build the whole motor up instead of the top end man dont waste a perfectly good block
    Okay, we'll see ;)
    A built block is pretty expensive. I think Guardian has been running a stock k24a1 block for a while now, and he's making some great power. It's my tranny and Phantom Grip LSD that I'm worried about.
    I'm not sure. I think it should be fine, but if I throw a rod I'll probably use that as an excuse to build a block.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information