Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar

**UPDATE** MugenReplica - Finger Lakes, NY

I figure it's about time that I started the story of the evolution of my Ep3 from 2004 until now. She has gone through more than a few stages and differences, with one more to come.I like to consider her the Ep3 that Ephatch built as almost all of my parts were purchased through the Classifieds section here.

As I picked her up the day I purchased her in Sept. 2004. Stock as they come.

With limited funds, I managed to purchase my first few modifications to it. A SSM Wings West rear and side skirts(purchased form DavidT), along with a USDM carbon fiber mugen replica front lip and USDM carbon fiber mugen replica wing(purchased from Showstopers) rounded out the exterior. A set of Neuspeed Race springs and HKS SRI(purchased from Blackapino) finalized the rest.

By the beginning of the following year, I sold off the Wings West body kit, swapped out the blown struts and Neuspeed Race springs for a Ep3 specific Mugen SS suspension kit (purchased from Nossy), installed a DC5 DCRH(from fsugatorbait), installed a SSM fiberlass mugen replica grill, and swapped over to a 3" exhaust with a Vibrant muffler(purchased from J D M). A little later in the spring, I swapped out my stockies for a set of Konig Rated R 16x7 rims(purchased from JoneSi) and also used a set as 17x7 Tenzo Sinkos for autox.

The next evolution saw me selling the Konig Rate R rims to purchase a set of 15x7 Volk TE37's that Oogy Boogy parted out. Along with the rims I purchased his custom center console and a Nextgear IMG(Mel, you still haven't shipped that to me). To help in the handling department, I added a 21mm rear sway and a fiberglass Bride Zeta II shell on Nagisa rail(which was reupholstered) to keep me secure. I also scored a mugen replica cf hood and 04-05 mugen replica carbon fiber grill from two other members on here.

Finally it brings us to the current stage of the vehicle. I added a pair of CTR replica side skirts, an HFP rear lip and a SSM USDM fiberglass front lip (I broke 3 of the USDM carbon fiber mugen replica front lips. DON'T BUY THEM). I also along the way I managed to pick up a pair of retrofitted TSX 5000k HID projector headlights. Along with all that, I finally added a little performance to the package. 2004EP3HATCH and myself installed a Z1 head and RSX JRSC with a 3.4" pulley. To help out with the JRSC, a OBX 2nd Gen header, another mandrel bent 3" borla exhaust, a DC5 CAI with HKS filter, and finally good ol' Kpro.

The next stage will be updated shortly as parts are installed. But I'm planning massive changes to the current setup and it's going to be something a tad different. I hope you enjoyed the evolution of my Ep3.

*Please forgive any bad grammar/spelling. I'm exhausted/intoxicated and just wanted to add a members ride thread finally.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 03-19-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks for reposting your car ~! I remember this like it was yesterday~ If only i could be exhausted/intoxicated with yeah too.

Nice ride~!!

Clean ride dude!
    What do you run for highbeams on your headlights?

hey John, how you been buddy?

I really love the HFP rear

love the time line of pics john.. we gotta get a meet going this year. i dont travel for work anymore, so i have almost no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by vicx52o View Post
    Clean ride dude!
    What do you run for highbeams on your headlights?
    Thank you very much for your compliments!! I am running H3 HID's as the high beams, but will be switching to another retrofitted set of 02-03's with Bi-Xenon RS4 HIDs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    hey John, how you been buddy?

I really love the HFP rear
    Awesome man!! How about yourself? I hope Vermont is treating you well and things are going good with your personal life!

Thanks, I'll be selling it soon as the whole Ep is going through an extensive exterior remodel as soon as I get the parts through UPS. Eventually it should be color change also.

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    love the time line of pics john.. we gotta get a meet going this year. i dont travel for work anymore, so i have almost no excuse.
    We definitely got to get all the WNY members together again. We especially need to get all of them together for the Watkins Glen pace laps on April 25th!!

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Awesome man!! How about yourself? I hope Vermont is treating you well and things are going good with your personal life!

Thanks, I'll be selling it soon as the whole Ep is going through an extensive exterior remodel as soon as I get the parts through UPS. Eventually it should be color change also.
    im good good! Just broke my ankle so pretty much anything i want to do I cant :-( but the ep3 should be out as soon as im back walking. I have a quaife sitting in my room just waiting for the flywheel and clutch. So what color are you going to do it? I am thinking about repainting mine also

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    im good good! Just broke my ankle so pretty much anything i want to do I cant :-( but the ep3 should be out as soon as im back walking. I have a quaife sitting in my room just waiting for the flywheel and clutch. So what color are you going to do it? I am thinking about repainting mine also
    Ouch! I kinda know how you feel. My gout kicked in and my walking ability was dramatically diminished a week ago. I hope you heal up as soon as possible! Nice, I'm envious of your quaife. I'll probably settle for a cleaned up OBX when money and my clutch give up. Well.....it's kind of a surprise. If I mentioned the color, I'd give away my exterior revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Ouch! I kinda know how you feel. My gout kicked in and my walking ability was dramatically diminished a week ago. I hope you heal up as soon as possible! Nice, I'm envious of your quaife. I'll probably settle for a cleaned up OBX when money and my clutch give up. Well.....it's kind of a surprise. If I mentioned the color, I'd give away my exterior revamp.
    PM's are your friend!

Lookin good john.

In need of an update.

nice ep3..

***Sneak Peek Update***

The exterior should be done by October.

Damn John, so that IS your ride? Wow man, that looks killer! What bumper is that?! Looks like the DC5 Mugen front? Looking forward to this man!
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

I like the center dash insert. Did you use a crinkle paint for that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information