Close

Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 88crx View Post
    You're close to the rear trailing arm.... thats the big tubish thing. The 7.5+45 will be really really close..... +47 rubs so your're only adding 2mm. The 8.0+45 will defenitely rub.

You should get them and the post up pics and prove 27rocks wrong.
    How would he prove me wrong?

-Rob

So I guess I started this whole battle haha. Whoops.

Well at the end of it theres still 2 different opinions so im back to square 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NickL View Post
    So I guess I started this whole battle haha. Whoops.

Well at the end of it theres still 2 different opinions so im back to square 1.
    There are no opinions only facts. Just because 88crx thinks he can do math doesnt mean hes right not to mention his math i obviously wrong because i am proving him wrong with my current set up. Half the shit that he types down makes no sense what so ever. I've had multiple friends look at the nonsense he has posted and all have laughed at him. When it comes to wheel fitment he doesnt know what hes talking about. The guy obviously bought the wrong offset and rubs so he thinks he knows everything. I have done my research for over 3 months before buying my wheel set up. Everyone had mixed feeling about it but i did my math and proved everyone wrong.
    I can care less if im right or wrong the only thing i care about is making sure the info that is being passed here is correct so other people wont end up in the same situation as 88crx and have their shit rub when he says it wont or have something fit when he says it doesn't.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    There are no opinions only facts. Just because 88crx thinks he can do math doesnt mean hes right not to mention his math i obviously wrong because i am proving him wrong with my current set up. Half the shit that he types down makes no sense what so ever. I've had multiple friends look at the nonsense he has posted and all have laughed at him. When it comes to wheel fitment he doesnt know what hes talking about. The guy obviously bought the wrong offset and rubs so he thinks he knows everything. I have done my research for over 3 months before buying my wheel set up. Everyone had mixed feeling about it but i did my math and proved everyone wrong.
    I can care less if im right or wrong the only thing i care about is making sure the info that is being passed here is correct so other people wont end up in the same situation as 88crx and have their shit rub when he says it wont or have something fit when he says it doesn't.
    I have 17x7.5+50 (+47 with my 3mm spacers) that rub on my rear trailing arm..... zero math is involved in that. People can take that for what its worth.

Maybe my wheels are stamped wrong and are really +60..... maybe the grinding noise is just something I'm imagining..... maybe I'm lying about all of it......

OR maybe your car is 4x4ing and has complete different suspension geometry and really doesn't help anyone that actually wants to lower there car and figure out what size wheels will fit.

I have 17x7.5+50 (+47 with my 3mm spacers) that rub on my rear trailing arm..... zero math is involved in that. People can take that for what its worth.

Maybe my wheels are stamped wrong and are really +60..... maybe the grinding noise is just something I'm imagining..... maybe I'm lying about all of it......

OR maybe your car is 4x4ing and has complete different suspension geometry and really doesn't help anyone that actually wants to lower there car and figure out what size wheels will fit.
    Thats what i'm trying to tell you man.. your offset is way to high!!!! But then you say this other nonsense about other wheels not fitting when in fact people have had them on their cars for years! I am not talking to you about your wheels i am answering other peoples questions that want to use wheels which would work.
    Any my car is not 4x4 ing what so ever.... I guess a finger gap is on all the rock climbing trucks :/ . I showed you what my car looks like even lower than i'm at now. The tire is even under the fender. What other proof do you want??? Your math is either wrong or you just simply dont understand how everything as one works together. I don't know how else to explain it to you.
    Last edited by 27rocks; 08-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.

-Rob

You're close to the rear trailing arm.... thats the big tubish thing. The 7.5+45 will be really really close..... +47 rubs so your're only adding 2mm. The 8.0+45 will defenitely rub.

You should get them and the post up pics and prove 27rocks wrong.
    Thank you for your response.

My 05-06 Rsx Type S wheels are already super close to the rear trailing arm/tubish thing.

Specs for 05-06 Type S wheels and my current tire size:

17X7
    +45
    Tire size: 215/45/17

*Thing is i wanna run 17X7 Enkei RPF1 but if im not mistaken they dont have a 17X7...its a 17X7.5 and so on. My stock wheels are already close to the rear trailing arm and thats only a 17X7, +45. I dont wanna cop these RPF1s and then have issues with rubbing the tube thingy. Fenders are not a problem since rears are rolled and fronts well they pretty much clear so i didnt touch em. My car is down to zero wheel well gap, not slammed i guess but definately low enough for me. Im not trying to go with all that "Hellaflush" stance wheels so i need wheels that is very close to if not the same as stock in terms of size/fitment.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I only suggested that size because it comes out to the stock radius wheel/tire specs
    Prove it. Your car is a 4x4 so you wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    Thank you for your response.

My 05-06 Rsx Type S wheels are already super close to the rear trailing arm/tubish thing.

Specs for 05-06 Type S wheels and my current tire size:

17X7
    +45
    Tire size: 215/45/17

*Thing is i wanna run 17X7 Enkei RPF1 but if im not mistaken they dont have a 17X7...its a 17X7.5 and so on. My stock wheels are already close to the rear trailing arm and thats only a 17X7, +45. I dont wanna cop these RPF1s and then have issues with rubbing the tube thingy. Fenders are not a problem since rears are rolled and fronts well they pretty much clear so i didnt touch em. My car is down to zero wheel well gap, not slammed i guess but definately low enough for me. Im not trying to go with all that "Hellaflush" stance wheels so i need wheels that is very close to if not the same as stock in terms of size/fitment.
    I already answered your question...... if you go with the 7.5's then get a +35 and you will clear you can even get away with a +40 all day long. So anything in between that should fit perfect with little camber ~ -1.5. I had 7.5's with a +40 offset and no issues at all and ran a 225 tire (they were 17's but still would be the same with 16's).

-Rob

ok so back to my question since 27rocks obvi pioneered the wide wheels thing....16x8 +20 will it fit? fender rolling? flares? tire size to roll with? Currently dropped on sportlines....

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    ok so back to my question since 27rocks obvi pioneered the wide wheels thing....16x8 +20 will it fit? fender rolling? flares? tire size to roll with? Currently dropped on sportlines....
    It all depends on what you consider "fit". I will say yes. With camber they will fit without any issues especially if you rolled your fenders. There are people on here with 16x8 +0 /+15 offset and 205's i believe dumped, so yeah yours would fit.

Heres Trippy's car (hope you dont mind Trippy).
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ounty-03-Taffy
    Last edited by 27rocks; 08-09-2010 at 06:13 PM.

-Rob

I already answered your question...... if you go with the 7.5's then get a +35 and you will clear you can even get away with a +40 all day long. So anything in between that should fit perfect with little camber ~ -1.5. I had 7.5's with a +40 offset and no issues at all and ran a 225 tire (they were 17's but still would be the same with 16's).
    Missed that, thanks for the info. By going to a +35 to 40 offset, will i be putting significant stress on my wheel bearings/studs or something like that? I heard that running lower offset wheels can do that, like anything that more than 10 MMs is not idea. I know lots of people run low offsets but in the long run will it do damage? BTW ill be running 17s. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Draw7Seven; 10-29-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Thats what i'm trying to tell you man.. your offset is way to high!!!!
    Agreed, they are too high of an offset (I already said this once before). 17x7.5+50 is too high of an offset.

I am not talking to you about your wheels i am answering other peoples questions that want to use wheels which would work. .
    LOL, ok then. Use your 'setup' as an example for everyone. I will continue to do the same with mine.

Your math is either wrong or you just simply dont understand how everything as one works together. I don't know how else to explain it to you.
    I'm not doing any math. I'm simply stating what I have on my car and what will work in different widths using an offset calculator (then there's no mistakes with the math). I already posted this once, perhaps you didn't see it the first time?

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

7.5+47 has the same inner clearance as:
    8.0+41
    8.5+34
    9.0+28
    9.5+22

With those numbers in mind, all those wheel sizes would rub on my car with my drop.

I also snapped some pics early tonight for your enjoyment...

wheel damage:

17x7.5+50 (don't forget I'm using a 3mm spacer as well)

nick on the trailing arm

drop in the rear

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    Missed that, thanks for the info. By going to a +35 to 40 offset, will i be putting significant stress on my wheel bearings/studs or something like that? I heard that running lower offset wheels can do that, like anything that more than 10 MMs is not idea. I know lots of people run low offsets but in the long run will it do damage? BTW ill be running 17s. Thanks again.
    7.5+40 you'll be golden.

Put the offset/width you have on your car right now and fool around with the offset calculator to figure out how much more inner/outer clearance different widths/offsets effect the wheel spacing. That way you can't mess up the math.

An old archived thread that may help as well.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...arm&highlight=

How is your tire wear?

-Rob

Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information