Close

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1545
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    That is a fun tire. Can't wait to see how that set up fits. It should look really nice.

Very nice tire sizes but you don't need a 9" for the rear with that tire combo. A match for the front combo would be 8.5", even 8" would work. Lighter and slightly cheaper. Much easier to fit, too. Just an opinion.

Edit; the rear 17x9 wheel should fit fine on the inside but the outside will need to be pulled. I don't like the idea of a 225 on a 9" wheel but you know where I am on wheels and tires; form follows function. Even from a appearance view, the rear would be stretched and the front would not. Can you get an 8.5" wheel?

Wouldn't 245s in the rear look sweet...
    Yea I'm hoping to pull off maximum -1.5 camber in the rear to clear them. I'm almost positive I'm going to have to roll my fenders, never done it before but I'm sure there's a YouTube video for that, lol.

I'm really excited, I have some track days coming up at Sebring in April and May and I won't be using these bad boys until then. With all the power I'm putting down (+300whp) I need some wide ass tires to help me keep planted.

Now the BIG question is, will my Type S brakes not fade after 1 lap? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Murphy View Post
    Bump for an answer from someone who has or has had this set up...thanks.
    The answer to your question in bold is YES, BUT it is not OPTIMAL. You won't get the full benefit of running the wider 225 on the 7" wide rim width. To utilize the extra rubber properly you would need a 7.5" rim width, because fitting that tire now all you will do is bulge the tire a teeny tiny bit and that extra 10mm of tire won't do you any good. a 215/45 is the widest you can go before getting a fat sidewall.

Very nice tire sizes but you don't need a 9" for the rear with that tire combo. A match for the front combo would be 8.5", even 8" would work. Lighter and slightly cheaper. Much easier to fit, too. Just an opinion.

Edit; the rear 17x9 wheel should fit fine on the inside but the outside will need to be pulled. I don't like the idea of a 225 on a 9" wheel but you know where I am on wheels and tires; form follows function. Even from a appearance view, the rear would be stretched and the front would not. Can you get an 8.5" wheel?

Wouldn't 245s in the rear look sweet...
    the rims im looking at only come in 17x9 +30, +22 :/ thats why im going with that offset...
    and the thing is on my current set up 17x8.25 +25 (poke out 79.775mm stick in 129.775mm) with a near 0 camber they poke out a good half inch or inch give or take on the front and the rim is flush in the rear on 205/40/17 tires so there stretched since im not rolled yet. but with the new set up 17x9 +30 (poke out 84.3 stick in 144.3) the difference between the 2 are a poke of 4.525mm and stick in 14.525 so im thinking maybe -1.5 camber on the rear and -2-3 on the front and they should work... i like the way the rears flush and would need the little stretch to make it work lol and idk how a stretched rear and beefy front would look but hey it could look stupid awesome xD

all i need to figure out is weather or not a wheel that sticks in the fender 144.3 mm will clear and not knock anything in the rear lol 130mm clears just fine but that a little more than half an inch and ill have to put camber into the picture....

if anyone knows hook it up! lol

so i just read on a uk type r forum that someone was running a 9.5 +35 rota grid with -3.5 camber on the rear and was just eating his trailing arm. he cleared it with an 8mm spacer in the rear. So with a inner clearance on his 9.5's of 155mm-8mm=147mm and with my 9' wheels being =144.3mm they should fit! right????

but now i have no idea how much camber affects clearance... ill prolly have to run -2 just to not loose that 2.7mm of clearance from the tailing arm his -3.5 has...

so i am going to be getting a new wheel set up come summer time and i was looking to get some insight and opinions on how it will look/fit.

right now i am lowered on coilovers about 1.5in, rolling 16x7in +42 wheels in 205/45/16 tires, so naturally no fitment problems. i am looking to get something a little wider with a bigger offset for summer. the size im going for is 16x8in +25 wheels, so the question i have is what size tire would be recommended? i am thinking 205-45-16, plan on slightly rolling the fenders if i do go with this set up.

just wanted to know if people had similar set -ups, what they were doing for tire size and if fitment was good. from pictures that i have seen it looks pretty good, just would like some opinions.

thank you
    -

well on my current set up which is 17x8.25 +25 on 205/40/17 wheels with near 0 camber they poke out a good inch- inch half in the front and sit flush to the fender in the rear with no clearence issues and unrolled. So your wheels are actually .2 mm smaller so with no modding needed on your rim and wheel set up you shouldnt rub at all. :D

205/50/16

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_KyleEP3 View Post
    im going to be soon running 16x7 and i got 205/50/16 tires dose anyone know if i will rub? I am lowerd on tein stec's and I plan to go lower to like 2.5" or maybe 3 on the racelands. Any input will be apprecitated thanks!

im lowerd on skunk2 springs 2.5 on 205/50/16 no rub

sweet thanks man! im hoping it looks good :p lol

Here they are in all their glory. Ask me how the rear don't rub with this 'high' offset, go ahead, DO IT!
    Gold Enkei RPF1's 17x8 +45 offset

Rubbers, Kumho Ecsta's XS KU36 245/45/17

Beefy!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

...how do the rears not rub with the 'higher' offset?

...how do the rears not rub with the 'higher' offset?
    Take a closer look at the pictures of my trailing arm and then go take a look at your EP3 trailing arms at that same place. If you can get it right within the next 8 hours of this post, I'll send $10 via PayPal!

I couldn't see mine well so I'll say maybe a Type R lca and 10mm? difference. I'm going from a long ago memory so it's more of an uneducated guess.

Close but I'll tell you; I have RSX (Base and Type S are the same) rear trailing arms. You can see the difference in the following photos, the EP3 has a more circular tube while the RSX arm is more oval to allow more room for wider wheels.

This is the EP3 arm, pulled from an earlier post in this very same thread. 27rocks posted this, he had the same wheels except they were 9" wide with a +35 offset. Not sure what the backspace on this would be if it's the same as mine but he was running a LOT more negative camber than I currently am.

And here again is my photo for direct comparison of what I am talking about. This is with exactly -0.5 degrees of camber and keep in mind my tires are very tall and most people would almost never run a 45 profile tire this wide.

My ep3 is stock height... could I run 205/55/16 on 16x8 +0 offset xxr 002's with no issues? If you could help would be greatly appreciated.

New Wheel/Tire Size thread

Stock height? Yea it would work but you could rub on big dips or hard turns since your wheels will stick out about an inch or 2 from your fender... Also your car will look silly on 0 offset wheels on stock height and no camber.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    My ep3 is stock height... could I run 205/55/16 on 16x8 +0 offset xxr 002's with no issues? If you could help would be greatly appreciated.
    Please don't.

Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread Information