Close

couple questions befor upping the boost a little

Alright so nice weather has finally arrived and I am planning on upping the boost a little and get myself the 3.8 pulley. My question is would i benefit any (in a worth my while way) by getting a larger ID exhaust? I have the hks piping which is about 2.25-2.35 i think. I just figure if I'm gunna need a re-tune I may as well do it all at once. Any thoughts....?
    Anyone got any #'s on what they gained from the 4.0 pulley to the 3.8? I'd like to be in the 240ish whp range but i don't know if that's possible. (currently 225)

other supporting mods
    BCRH
    Injen CAI
    S2 stage 1 cams

changing exhaust will help but if your wanting to maximize the Hp potential then you should heat wrap the BCRH and or have it waynes coated, with a new 3" exhaust will yield you better results with the 3.8 pulley.
    increasing the efficiency of your air pump will make your air pump put out a potentially higher number every time.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I dont see really much gain commin from u goin to the smaller pulley unless u have something to cool it. The 3.8 is gona run really fast and ur gona knock. So ur gona prolly have to get detuned and loose timing due to it. I hit 255whp on the 3.8 pulley but i also had to run water/meth so i can add more timing, also had corwer stage 2 cams BCRH and revvin the a3 to 8700 rpms. And no the a3 never blew at that high. U get the right tuner and they can work wonders ! I also was runnin the apexi n-1 which i think is only 60mm. So that prolly killed me

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I dont see really much gain commin from u goin to the smaller pulley unless u have something to cool it. The 3.8 is gona run really fast and ur gona knock. So ur gona prolly have to get detuned and loose timing due to it. I hit 255whp on the 3.8 pulley but i also had to run water/meth so i can add more timing, also had corwer stage 2 cams BCRH and revvin the a3 to 8700 rpms. And no the a3 never blew at that high. U get the right tuner and they can work wonders ! I also was runnin the apexi n-1 which i think is only 60mm. So that prolly killed me
    Sounds like this isn't even worth my while to do the 3.8 pulley upgrade then? Any one else have any input? If i can make some gains i'de like to up the boost but if not i would hate to waste the money.

Keep the 4 inch pulley, upgrade to a larger exhaust and upgrade to an A2 head. Your entire system would breath better and you'd gain vtec on the exhaust cam for a jump in power.

ive had my charger with the 3.8 on for like 2 months now, im loving it but ready for more lol!nwas thinking of watermeth

ephatch member
    I am using a 3.7 In pulley, and making 12.5psi when it started to break up on the dyno. i have some extras in the car tho. no water/meth yet either. make sure you have all the mods to support it, cuz it is a pain in the ass to have to go back and do something twice. If you have a good tuner you should be happy wit the results. a bigger exhaust will be helpful, plus the header wrap. but don't for get the intake side also! Larger TB, Inlet Elbow, Etc.....
    Last edited by RoyVegasPinoy; 09-25-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Honestly I really don't see the need for a 3" exhaust, for your setup 2.5" is plenty.

Thread Information