Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rim opinions

try finding them on ebay/craigslist so that way you can ask for the pics you want( just for the pics) and buy them wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyMETHOD View Post
    yeah, i think +40 will be nice with that drop, +45 will be to sunken in IMO
    I'm just worried about rubbing issues. Should I be ok with that offset my drop and 215/55 tires?

I'm running 17x7 wheels with a +35 offset with 215/45 tires and 1 inch drop and no rubbing whatsoever. So, if your drop is 1.4 front and 1.3 rear, 16x7 in a +35 up should give you enough clearance without rubbing since the front has more room then the rear for width. And 215/55 on a 16" rim should be close to 215/45 on 17" rims, maybe if you rub, it will be minimal so just get a lower profile tire.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyMETHOD View Post
    I'm running 17x7 wheels with a +35 offset with 215/45 tires and 1 inch drop and no rubbing whatsoever. So, if your drop is 1.4 front and 1.3 rear, 16x7 in a +35 up should give you enough clearance without rubbing since the front has more room then the rear for width. And 215/55 on a 16" rim should be close to 215/45 on 17" rims, maybe if you rub, it will be minimal so just get a lower profile tire.
    I really wish there were more options for a 215/50/16 tire. That would be the ideal sidewall but tirerack has almost no options for that size. I'm about to get a 205/55/16 tire just to make sure there are no rubbing issues.

i would go with the sparco's. there are soooo many ep's out there with the slips. however I think a 17 in the sparco wheel would look really nice. call showstoppersusa to see if they can get them for you and they can get you good prices on tires. good luck with your decision.

I'd go with the sparco's, they remind me of the Enkei's I got. If i could do it over again though (which I may in the future lol) I'd buy OZ Allegerita's or Ultraleggera's

Anyone running a 16x7 +40 wheel with 225/50/16 tires? That's the setup I'm leaning heavily on now.

I think I'd go with the Sparco wheels. They look nice.

Slips are copies of Spoon sw's...except Spoon's are lightweight and forged. So...that renders Slips useless...unless of course, you really really like how they look. Personally, I don't think Spoon put a lot of thought into the design, and just focused on track use.

In the end, it's your call ^_^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information