Close

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    i was goin to get these till they tried to charge me 65 buck's for shipping, i mean get real i got a set of wheels 4x wheels for 60buck's and they weigh way more then what coilovers should be so i dont know what the shipping is so much for maybe that is how they make there money is by over price'in shipping dunno tho but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthb View Post
    i was goin to get these till they tried to charge me 65 buck's for shipping, i mean get real i got a set of wheels 4x wheels for 60buck's and they weigh way more then what coilovers should be so i dont know what the shipping is so much for maybe that is how they make there money is by over price'in shipping dunno tho but oh well
    it's $248ish shipped off of ebay.

did anyone else order new tophats also? or did everyone just use their stock ones.
    my friend told me i might as well order a new set of tophats also.

i caved in and bought it today after so many positive remarks on raceland's customer service.

What else is recommended with this kit?
    I am considering buying two new front suspension mounts (tophats/bearings).
    At 1.5" drop, I probably need a rear camber kit? Will I need a roll center adjustment lower ball joint? Anything to prevent further noise from my steering rack?

May wind Oct. rain
    I have a small update for you guys . . . not a very good one. I blew the rear coilovers driving on the 101. Let's just say everything is clunking, squeaking and grinding; it doesn't absorb any bumps as of right now, but I have yet to remove them to check them out (going 70 and hitting a pot hole/bump is not a good idea LOL).

lololol. after what i JUST posted. nice. well i hope the warranty applies

alright i honestly feel like im about to get ripped apart for asking this.. but i have a question. you need to reuse the stock top hat because its not included with the racelands, as it is with means and such, so why do you not need a spring compressor? how will i remove the center bolt to free the spring and top hat with out a spring compressor? the shock will just spin when the bolt is turned. should that bolt be taken off before the three top hat bolts, and when the springs are under full load? i want to get everything straight so i can do this tomorrow. the racelands are sitting on my floor, along with my set of megans (one needs new lower mounts fabricated and a new pillowball mount)

The suspension is really not under that much pressure i used a spring compressor and i had to remove the compressor to get the shock out. When you go back with them on the racelands i just got the nuts started on the coilovers and put them on then tightend the strut all the way down. I was using a impact though so i know i will be a lot harder by hand.

if you must, just use a c-clamp

Quote Originally Posted by krylonking View Post
    The suspension is really not under that much pressure i used a spring compressor and i had to remove the compressor to get the shock out. When you go back with them on the racelands i just got the nuts started on the coilovers and put them on then tightend the strut all the way down. I was using a impact though so i know i will be a lot harder by hand.
    so take that bolt off before i jack the car up? i dont see how its possible without a spring compressor. the bolt would turn and the should cyl would just turn with it.

how do I remove the top hat from my stock struts for the racelands without a spring compressor? does anyone have a diy? I need to do this today :/

May wind Oct. rain
    Dude, get an allen wrench that fits into the head to hold the shaft from spinning, then use the close end of a wrench (it was either 17mm or 19mm or smaller I don't remember) and remove the nut that holds the top in place. Don't worry, the spring won't really pounce at you like the old Honda suspensions. If you are scared that it will pounce at you, loosen the nut until it gets close to coming off, then use a socket wrench that has a long handle (so you can get some distance from the spring), make sure the spring is pointed away from people and objects that it may harm, step on the bottom portion of the strut and loosen until the nut comes off.

Thats what i was gonna put lol. Its is not at all like a older honda it is not under a lot of pressure.

whap. black eye. by the way. windchaser, whats up with your suspension now

haha nah i hope no one gets a black eye lol

sounds like fail! i feel a black eye coming lol

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information