Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Are new Type S ball joints needed for this swap or can I reuse the ones since they look fine?

Re: DIY: 5 Lug Swap Conversion - 02/03 ep with 02/03 DC5 Type S Parts

Quote Originally Posted by dreman View Post
    Are new Type S ball joints needed for this swap or can I reuse the ones since they look fine?
    I would Just reuse... If they are fine..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So i can buy this http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=140999520350 and im set on doing my 5 lug conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletearturo View Post
    So i can buy this http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=140999520350 and im set on doing my 5 lug conversion?
    Yeah those look like they will work as long as you have the rest of the stuff as well. I've never seen that brand.

okay so i know someone selling their type s 5 lug conversion with everything (about 54k on it)for about $450 with sensor and brake line, i was gonna just pick up a stainless steel brake line separate or should i just go with the type s brake line? Or should i buy the conversion off somewhere else? i need your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletearturo View Post
    okay so i know someone selling their type s 5 lug conversion with everything (about 54k on it)for about $450 with sensor and brake line, i was gonna just pick up a stainless steel brake line separate or should i just go with the type s brake line? Or should i buy the conversion off somewhere else? i need your opinion.
    Wherever you would like to pick it up its pretty much where you can find a good price and thats in good condition.

For brake lines its up to you what you want to use.

how much do these full 5 lug set up swaps usually cost? ive been offering alot of people parting there rsx's out so id like to have a good price to fight for or go under ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ubeyo View Post
    how much do these full 5 lug set up swaps usually cost? ive been offering alot of people parting there rsx's out so id like to have a good price to fight for or go under ;D
    ive seen them go from 200$-1,100$

My first swap was all damaged(02 RSX-S) so I ended buying 2 of them which came out to 1200$.(2nd was from an 06 RSX-S)

My wifes ep3 swap which I am going to be doing soon. That one cost me about 160$ total from an 03 RSX-S.

Good luck. My best bet is whoever is parting out... Make sure you dismantle it yourself...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

so i bought an 04 type S 5 lug set up. do i need to buy rsx-S rlca's or can i still get ep3 rlca's?

so i bought an 04 type S 5 lug set up. do i need to buy rsx-S rlca's or can i still get ep3 rlca's?
    Are you replacing the rear trailing arms? and by r you mean rear correct. dont bother Replacing the rear trailing arms. but If You Do... You will have to buy dc5 rear lower control arms. Because the DC5 RLCA has a completely different Bolt pattern... I still havent done Wifeys 5 lug conversion Been extremely busy with the holidays and I want to upgrade her brake lines to Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines.

alright. so if i plan on buying function7 rear lower control arms i have to buy 04 rsx ones? or is that only if i swap the rear trailing arms?
    Last edited by skep18; 05-12-2009 at 07:01 AM.

alright. so if i plan on buying function7 rear lower control arms i have to buy 04 rsx ones? or is that only if i swap the rear trailing arms?
    Only if you swap the rear trailing arms you will have to get dc5 lower control arms.

Look at the dc5 bolt pattern

and this is the ep3 bolt pattern.

just the bolt pattern and by that you would have to replace the entire rear trailing arm. Also you need to buy a 10point socket:

so i have just attempted to do my 5 lug swap and unfortunately i had to learn the hard way and FAIL.
    It all began with the ball joint being a ho and not freeing from the lca with a pickle fork no matter how many times i hit that hammer :/
    resorted to the air hammer (DONT EVER DO THIS) and warped the bolt so i had to file it down :/ then i tried to put the castle nut on and it striped! -.- luckily had another one and had to re die the ball joint :/ luckily it finally thread correctly and i was able to get my jacked up castle nut in and lock it in place! FRONTS COMPLETE!

next was the rear. The set i bought used came with the rear arm still attached to it. I looked at it and it looked really similar so i said ehff it pop the ep3 one off and just throw the rsx one on. misread the DIY and Turns out the rsx was completely different -.- and is had like a -5 degree caster and looked stupid af! so i took me about 2 hours to realize that its not the bolt in incorrectly but it was the arm and i just had to use the rsx rotor and brake and run the ep3 arms.

THEN! the shop called clean up so i rushed and said ehff it i gotta go home still! and threw the ep3 rear brake assembly back on really quick, got some help bleeding my brake (WHICH WAS FAIL BTW *ill talk about this soon) threw my low offset xxr's on the rear and called it good! cleaned up and headed home!
    5 LUG in da FRONT, 4 LUG in da REAR KREW!
    FML

ON THE DRIVE HOME! i hear this rubbing noise and look back like it was just something rubbing the plastics in the back so i keep going. i fill up my tires with some air and the head back to the street as i hear this noise again. i pull to the side and look at the clearence on my wheels to fenders in the rear... THERES NO CAMBER THERE!?!?!!! WTF so now my shop was closed and i had to drive 12 miles home dying on the inside because my baby was rubbing all that 12 miles :/ NOT TO MENTION MY DAM BREAKS WERE SOFT AF!!! i thought i was gonna die, i had to pump the breaks to get any response to slow down :/

ANYWAYS! ill just continue the swap asap but first i need to re bleed the brakes. Dont let this step be skipped or not taken seriously! i was in a rush and had to get home... anyways FML and i hope everything goes smoothly when i start back up on the rear in the next few days...

so i have just attempted to do my 5 lug swap and unfortunately i had to learn the hard way and FAIL.
    It all began with the ball joint being a ho and not freeing from the lca with a pickle fork no matter how many times i hit that hammer :/
    resorted to the air hammer (DONT EVER DO THIS) and warped the bolt so i had to file it down :/ then i tried to put the castle nut on and it striped! -.- luckily had another one and had to re die the ball joint :/ luckily it finally thread correctly and i was able to get my jacked up castle nut in and lock it in place! FRONTS COMPLETE!

next was the rear. The set i bought used came with the rear arm still attached to it. I looked at it and it looked really similar so i said ehff it pop the ep3 one off and just throw the rsx one on. misread the DIY and Turns out the rsx was completely different -.- and is had like a -5 degree caster and looked stupid af! so i took me about 2 hours to realize that its not the bolt in incorrectly but it was the arm and i just had to use the rsx rotor and brake and run the ep3 arms.

THEN! the shop called clean up so i rushed and said ehff it i gotta go home still! and threw the ep3 rear brake assembly back on really quick, got some help bleeding my brake (WHICH WAS FAIL BTW *ill talk about this soon) threw my low offset xxr's on the rear and called it good! cleaned up and headed home!
    5 LUG in da FRONT, 4 LUG in da REAR KREW!
    FML

ON THE DRIVE HOME! i hear this rubbing noise and look back like it was just something rubbing the plastics in the back so i keep going. i fill up my tires with some air and the head back to the street as i hear this noise again. i pull to the side and look at the clearence on my wheels to fenders in the rear... THERES NO CAMBER THERE!?!?!!! WTF so now my shop was closed and i had to drive 12 miles home dying on the inside because my baby was rubbing all that 12 miles :/ NOT TO MENTION MY DAM BREAKS WERE SOFT AF!!! i thought i was gonna die, i had to pump the breaks to get any response to slow down :/

ANYWAYS! ill just continue the swap asap but first i need to re bleed the brakes. Dont let this step be skipped or not taken seriously! i was in a rush and had to get home... anyways FML and i hope everything goes smoothly when i start back up on the rear in the next few days...
    Wow. Sorry to read this.
    Well the caster isn't the problem. It seems the RSX rear something is bent. Rsx/rsx-s/ep3 = same in the rear.

If you need any help you can text me ill reply as as possible.
    951-858-0817

-J

P. S. Keep updating.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information