Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Yesterday was a very sad day :(

So i looked at my rsx rear driver side arm and it turns out that it is bent. So i guess im going to have to take the hub and rotor off and use the ep3's arm... On the pluss side the passenger side is straight and will be a plug and play kinda deal... Re bled my brakes ab hour ago! Car is drivable again! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ubeyo View Post
    So i looked at my rsx rear driver side arm and it turns out that it is bent. So i guess im going to have to take the hub and rotor off and use the ep3's arm... On the pluss side the passenger side is straight and will be a plug and play kinda deal... Re bled my brakes ab hour ago! Car is drivable again! :D
    yeah freaking slight bs bent knuckles. glad you fixed it. d;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

DIY: 5 Lug Swap Conversion - 02/03 ep with 02/03 DC5 Type S Parts

I did what i said i was gonna do and it all went great! But! another thing i noticed is i hear a very slight rumbling noise when i drive... It dosnt seem too major. You think the bearings just need a greasing? And if so how do i do that? Lmfao

Im planing to do a 5 lug dc5 05 swap for my 02 i got buddyclub ball joints 05 control arms 05 axles disc caliper and knuckle 05 wich strut bolt i need and my oem 02 ep3 brake lines are compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Ep3-PR View Post
    Im planing to do a 5 lug dc5 05 swap for my 02 i got buddyclub ball joints 05 control arms 05 axles disc caliper and knuckle 05 wich strut bolt i need and my oem 02 ep3 brake lines are compatible?
    Yes they should be compatible but you may want to spend $100 and upgrade to stainless steel. When I did I ordered the RSX-S version but to be honest they may be identical.

rsx type s brake lines are a tad bit longer but it works ep or rsx. i went with the type s length

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

It has been covered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I need to know what else do I need to do the type s 5 lug swap. I have 2004 rsx types rotors, brakes, calipers, balljoints, bearings, axles, front Lca, rear dust caps. I read the brake lines on dc5s are longer than ep3. Is this a fact? What else shall I pick up to complete everything that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by petegriffen View Post
    It has been covered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I need to know what else do I need to do the type s 5 lug swap. I have 2004 rsx types rotors, brakes, calipers, balljoints, bearings, axles, front Lca, rear dust caps. I read the brake lines on dc5s are longer than ep3. Is this a fact? What else shall I pick up to complete everything that is needed.
    yes they are longer the brake lines. The ABS sensors or just space the ep3 ones.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yes yes...don't forget to get the ABS sensors from the 5 lug swap parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubeyo View Post

I did what i said i was gonna do and it all went great! But! another thing i noticed is i hear a very slight rumbling noise when i drive... It dosnt seem too major. You think the bearings just need a greasing? And if so how do i do that? Lmfao
    Did you ever find the source of the rumbling noise. Maybe the shields behind the front brakes.

I'm very happy with the 5 lug swap. And the larger 36mm 02-04 RSX-S axles add a bit more durability as well. And the lager front brakes add stopping ability.

Last edited by 03Si757; 05-23-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Reviving an old thread here, did anyone notice the 02/04 RSX-s axles are shorter than the ep3? Did this cause any problems on lowered suspension? I went to buy and found they are 28 spline and short ~ 2".

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionshipW View Post
    Reviving an old thread here, did anyone notice the 02/04 RSX-s axles are shorter than the ep3? Did this cause any problems on lowered suspension? I went to buy and found they are 28 spline and short ~ 2".
    Ummmm OEM or aftermarket?
    I have personally done this swap a handful of times and well. I have done both the 02-04 RSX type s and the 05-06. The axles are all exaclty the same size. Even the ep3 ones. I ran into this shorter issue when I got some from AutoZone but then i got some from OReilly and exact fitment issues. But I don't know. Always nice to learn something new.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I checked the specs from autozone's website. They all have different lengths. I checked 03 - 03 and the type s were longer actually.
    Anyhow, what size washers do I use for the abs sensor? How many? Do I have to drain the transmission? The manual didn't mention that. I may just swap out the axles to type -s because I've been eyeballing that new type r motor 306hp turbo stock!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information