Close

Thread: Clutch For JRSC

Unhappy Clutch For JRSC

well, after 95K and 750 miles supercharged, i think the stock clutch is starting to go bye bye. After every full throttle pull and i push the clutch in to shift NORMALLY, not a "race" shift lol the pedal is really stiff. It hasnt slipped at all yet. So i dunno :( but i really wanted to get tuned first but i dont know whats going to happen. But i was eyeing up the Exedy Stage 1. It says it has a maximum torque capacity of 257ft lbs. and i dont think ill ever be anywhere near that. I can get it for 280$ shipped. Good deal? But i also need to run a type-s flywheel

I run the ACT HDSS Pressure Plate, street disc, & prolite flywheel. I have about 40k on the clutch while supercharged, which includes a numerous 1/4 mile runs and plenty of spirited driving. If you are going the clutch route it wouldn't hurt to add the SS clutch line to the install.

I have a stage 4 sprung competition clutch sitting on a shelf that I haven't installed yet. I'm at 115,000 miles (40,000 of which were supercharged) and my stock clutch is still going strong. Perhaps you don't need a new one just yet.
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

then what could it be attributing to my stiff pedal? the fluid is black as hell, there's definately a little residue in the resevoir, should i flush the line?
    Last edited by PAPITUYO326; 09-16-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    then what could it be attributing to my stiff pedal? the fluid is black as hell, there's definately a little residue in the resevoir, should i flush the line?
    YES ~! wow if that is black as hell is BAD~!! LOL

flush that shit out asap -

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    YES ~! wow if that is black as hell is BAD~!! LOL

flush that shit out asap -
    alrightttt ill listen to you sir :)

I put in a Comp Clutch Stg 4 Kit w/ sprung disc and the Comp Clutch 8 LBS. flywheel. The setup is strong, but way overkill for a JRSC K20A3. I would stick with JerseyJew's recommendation on the ACT setup. I would venture to say that is probably the best setup for a DD JRSC EP3.

Also, I did my clutch swap at around 102K miles, and when I pulled the old clutch out, it still looked great! And I have had the JRSC on since 18K miles.

Thread Information