Close

Thread: camber?

Question camber?

What it be a problem for me to just get a front camber kit until i can come up wit the money for the rear kit, i will be lowering the car 2.25F and 2.0R?
    Will the wear on the rear tires be that severe, it will take me about a month to come up wit the money for the rear kit, i will only be driving about a thousand miles within that time.

:)

slowcivic4now
    hmm..I've mostly seen people fix the rear camber first. I'm not sure, but I think if you travel a thousand miles off camber it will probably f*ck up your tires bad...just a guess. My brother had an accord that had toe-in I think it was, but yeah the tires had to get replaced quite a few times. I also heard you can make your own rear camber kit dude. Look on the internet for instructions. sorry bro that's all I can give yah.

thanks dude, well the reason im goin with the front kit first is because it is front wheel drive, im taking in account peeling out and stuff like that.
    i realize u can get some washers and do the rear, but i really want to do this car right.

Thanks for the reply dude!

slowcivic4now
    yeah I see it's FF but, I mean if the camber's not off or anything you don't have to get a camber kit. I've seen guys that are almost slammed and they don't need camber kits, but the rear is a different story...well I dont know because I don't have an EP. but yeah n/p man.

I've read on here that the front doesn't even need it on our ep. Just the back...I'm not a huge tech on suspension, but I have read that about our cars. I think I also read you can camber the front by yourself. Who knows...Search around in the forum. Peace

A 1,000 miles no prob.The camber change in d rear is bigger.

will our front EVER need to be cambered? i think suko2si said.. the rear is like -2.4ish and the front is -1.3.. is 1.3 even worth cambering?

will our front EVER need to be cambered? i think suko2si said.. the rear is like -2.4ish and the front is -1.3.. is 1.3 even worth cambering?

Best thing 2 do is drive it & keep a eye on tire wear.Look for the relationship 2 d tread wear indicators or get a depth guage.If it wears on d inner treads u have a camber prob.Don't worry d treads won't wear out that fast unless u forget to watch d treads.It depends on your driving habits too. Hondas are known 2 have camber wear even on stock Honda cars that's y u need 2 rotate them.The rear will need 2 b cambered.

yeah, I think stock our cars run -1 deg all aorund

The front of the car is strut and the rear is double wishbone.

Double wishbone *always* gains camber when you lower the car. Struts do not. So when you lower, just fix the camber in the rear. Besides, a lot of rear camber makes for an understeering car.

If the front of the car has 1.75 degrees of camber or less, leave it alone. The rear will be your problem, I guarantee.

Thread Information