Close

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by the JigGa mAn View Post
    shadow where did you put your ballasts? my kit shipped out today and im just thinking and getting things ready
    I put my ballasts on each side fender where behind the bolt that connect the fender to engine bay just behind the headlight cause the wire isnt long enough for me to put it in the struct tower.

glad to hear you figured it out.

post some pix of the difference between hi and lo beams...for future reference to others planning on ordering
    PSN: theehuggybear

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    glad to hear you figured it out.

post some pix of the difference between hi and lo beams...for future reference to others planning on ordering
    I will do that tomorrow night. The reason why is because I follow your step that to adjust the angle up and down. I forgot which way I suppose to turn so I just turn one way and now I find out I turn the wrong way and try to drive around but too scare the cop will pull me over so I just when back home after a block cuz i check it with my bro car which in front of mine. It look like sh*t too bright and was on low beam too. Im 100% sure that I turn the way that move the light angle up instead of angle down. I will fix it tomorrow since Im kinda tired figuring the problem for mine.
    Last edited by sLiCk; 09-20-2008 at 11:47 AM.

good job finding/fixing the problem. thanks for saving ppl $10-$15 on the hi/lo kit! what does the kit come with as far as mounting hardware? zip ties,double sided tape, etc.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by the JigGa mAn View Post
    good job finding/fixing the problem. thanks for saving ppl $10-$15 on the hi/lo kit! what does the kit come with as far as mounting hardware? zip ties,double sided tape, etc.
    zip ties double side tape and 2 stickers. That about it. basically all you do is plug and play.

Thanks for the head up on the deal, I just ordered a set for my girlfriends fit. When I mounted my HIDs I mounted them against the bumper reinforcement bar. Keeps the engine bay looking clean.

I just ordered the 35w DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast today. I will snap some pics when it is all installed and done for you all to see.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    I got some picture of the light on but from the phone look. hi.lo beam is look the same in my picture yet but to tell the truth. is about 10-15% brighter with the hi beam.

hey i just tryed my HID's on my hatch and they won't go on for some reason... everything is pluged in right all the bulbs work and ballast. everytime i turn the lights on it makes a clicking noise... when i turn on the high beam they work but the low beam HIDs will not..... ???? anyone know what is the problem to that?? and how to fix it??

Quote Originally Posted by maxapak View Post
    hey i just tryed my HID's on my hatch and they won't go on for some reason... everything is pluged in right all the bulbs work and ballast. everytime i turn the lights on it makes a clicking noise... when i turn on the high beam they work but the low beam HIDs will not..... ???? anyone know what is the problem to that?? and how to fix it??
    check post #60..see if that will do it

also itd help if you can tell us the kit you bought
    PSN: theehuggybear

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Umm. First the sound meant to use 12v to use teh ballast which is transformer which made the voltage higher or watt that why there a sound for clicking noise to have more power. For the 2nd part, when you use high beam, is like oem that only high beam will work and the low beam will turn off by itself since only one way power and can go either low beam or high beam. If you are confuse, you should read through everything or search before asking. But basically here is the answer for your questions.

mine's in transit... now just wait until they get here next Monday...

i know that the high beam is oem and that only one will turn on at a time and what im saying is that everything works except for the HID wont go on.. i've tested the bulbs and the ballest out on my bike and they all work... but when i plug them in on the car they will not go on at all... I've got the one way bulbs for only low beam and I've got the two way bulbs that have the hight beam and low beam, none of them work when I hook everything up. I've got the kit from DDM tuning the raptor kit and i just bought extra 2 bulbs that have a high beam on them and none of them work on the car, but the regular H4 bulbs work

they just got here!! im afraid to install them thou! ive never done this before!

**i couldnt get them to work! plug and play my ass!!**
    ***was a reverse polarity issue, but now its something else***
    Last edited by the JigGa mAn; 03-31-2010 at 01:18 PM.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    i know that the high beam is oem and that only one will turn on at a time and what im saying is that everything works except for the HID wont go on.. i've tested the bulbs and the ballest out on my bike and they all work... but when i plug them in on the car they will not go on at all... I've got the one way bulbs for only low beam and I've got the two way bulbs that have the hight beam and low beam, none of them work when I hook everything up. I've got the kit from DDM tuning the raptor kit and i just bought extra 2 bulbs that have a high beam on them and none of them work on the car, but the regular H4 bulbs work
    Have you check the reverse polarity? Like what happen to me that that you need to connect to battery piece broke in half internal, that took me forever to figure it out because I got the raptor kit hi/lo beam kit. Maybe you should split the positive side to connect to the battery to see if it happen to you like what happen to me that internal broke in 2. If you check all the polarity and work, you are either have 3 option: hid burnt out, ballast busted, or the connection to battery is internal broke. If all those didnt work, you should either call ddm tuning or something.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information