Close

Turbo k20a3 Vacuum reading at idle?

Wondering what other people with a turbo k20a3 are showing for vacuum on your boost gauge at idle? Just trying to figure out if I have a vacuum leak and I figure if my number is really off from the norm it will be a good indication of a leak.

Vacum at idle If i remember on Sibogs and demonic rsx was like - 20 to like -30 around there. whats yours at?

Mine is at -23 , but my idle is bouncing between 850 and 1800 rpm. Trying to figure out if this is a vacuum leak or a tuning problem (kpro).
    Last edited by cow; 09-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.

only thing left is to manual check each hose - then once you are sure none are leaking then work on tuning

I checked all the hoses and couldnt find any leaks in the lines, tomorrow Im gonna check the intake and TB gaskets to see if any of them are leaking. The guy who is tuning my car thought it sounded like a tuning problem when I described the problem to him I just want to rule out the mechanical things so Im not wasting his time and not able to tune the car.

could b ur iacv

Quote Originally Posted by Onasty View Post
    could b ur iacv
    It would be nice if that wat the problem, then I could just unplug it and tune it with no IACV. Its raining and windy here today but hopefully it stops soon so I can get outside and use the propane method to check the IM and TB for leaks. If I don't find any leaks there then Im sure it must be a tuning problem. Thanks for the help guys.

id use the iacv cleaning method, if that doesint work then youll probably need a new one,.. tuning your car has nothing to do with a f'd up idle

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    id use the iacv cleaning method, if that doesint work then youll probably need a new one,.. tuning your car has nothing to do with a f'd up idle
    Good advice, today I unplugged the iacv and the car idled almost perfect. So I figured it must be the iacv, removed it cleaned it now the car idles better than it ever did. Thanks for the advice and great DIY on the iacv.

No problem glad it was an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    Good advice, today I unplugged the iacv and the car idled almost perfect. So I figured it must be the iacv, removed it cleaned it now the car idles better than it ever did. Thanks for the advice and great DIY on the iacv.
    I may be missing something, but a search for IACV DIY turned up this thread, but didn't see an actual DIY thread. Mind linking it? :)

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    i read 21

Quote Originally Posted by socal_brandon2 View Post
    I may be missing something, but a search for IACV DIY turned up this thread, but didn't see an actual DIY thread. Mind linking it? :)
    leakAs you will see thread isn't titled properly so I think it was luck I found it the first time but here it is. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...hlight=vaccum+

Thread Information