Close

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03civicdopejmd View Post
    I wouldnt think you'd have to get the rear rolled for +40 offset.. seems like a waste of money, unless your going wider and bigger with the tires down the road.. I dont rub much with my 16x8+38 with 225/50's.. arent you on HFP's thats not much of a drop? A little negative camber in the rear will clear your fender...
    I'm running 225/50-16's for auto-x and my goal is to have zero camber to -0.5 in the rear. I'll have to play with it, but I'd like to have no rubbing at all.

I honestly do think youll have any at all to begin with.. isnt hfp like a inch lower then stock? So in that case your rear camber wouldnt change much with just the drop... im also running the 225/50/16 direzza's which are more like 235's- and Im lowered to a finger gap. with negative 2.5-3 in the rear and hardly rub. you could also get some 215's and you wont rub at all!

My Fiance surprised me by getting me a new set of auto-x tires for my birthday. I've had a set of 16x7 +40 Rota Slips that I picked up used a few months back and hadn't had the money to pick up a set of tires yet, so this was a big surprise. I'm now very very very excited about this next auto-x season. Finally I'll get to race on some light weight wheels and sticky tires instead of the 06 Si boat anchors, I mean wheels.

what a good gift. good stuff
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

that's awesome. what tires/specs did you end up with? i've been looking for slips as well
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    that's awesome. what tires/specs did you end up with? i've been looking for slips as well
    Hankook Ventus RS-3 in a 225/50-16.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    Hankook Ventus RS-3 in a 225/50-16.
    nice. esp since she knows her tires.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    nice. esp since she knows her tires.
    Well I've been talking about the tires I wanted to get for a while. She just took notes without being too obvious.

Had my first auto-x this last sunday on my new tires and wheels. The Hankook RS-3's are fantastic so far! I highly recommend them.

this makes me want to keep my car shah

Got my rear fenders rolled last weekend. Now I'll be able to get a proper alignment for auto-x. But first I need to tear down my suspension again a re-lube all the poly bushings. The squeaking makes it sound like my car sounds like it has a family of mice living in it. Thinking about replacing my tie-rod ends also just as a preventative maintenance.

Also on the to do list is to install my BCSS and my E.S.M.M. inserts.

Where'd you get a ctr lhd red carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Where'd you get a ctr lhd red carpet?
    I got it from a members part out. But I believe SSR sells them or if you can order from European countries that had LHD CTR's (Germany for example).

Front right bearing took a shit on me and has been making an awful grinding noise. So decided it was time to give my car some love. Just picked her up from South Bay Honda. Had the clutch replaced and asked if they could replaced both wheel bearings at the same time since they had the knuckles off. They said no problem, bring in the parts and we'll do it at the same time for no extra charge. They also recommended replacing the rear main seal for the crankshaft since the transmission was off as preventative maintenance. These guys are really willing to work with you. Gave them my ESMM's to install since they were dropping the subframe anyway. They also re-lubed my front control arm poly bushings for no extra charge. Just had to supply the grease.

My car drives like new again. Clutch is really light, no suspension squeaks, and no grinding wheel bearing. WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    Front right bearing took a shit on me and has been making an awful grinding noise. So decided it was time to give my car some love. Just picked her up from South Bay Honda. Had the clutch replaced and asked if they could replaced both wheel bearings at the same time since they had the knuckles off. They said no problem, bring in the parts and we'll do it at the same time for no extra charge. They also recommended replacing the rear main seal for the crankshaft since the transmission was off as preventative maintenance. These guys are really willing to work with you. Gave them my ESMM's to install since they were dropping the subframe anyway. They also re-lubed my front control arm poly bushings for no extra charge. Just had to supply the grease.

My car drives like new again. Clutch is really light, no suspension squeaks, and no grinding wheel bearing. WOOHOO!
    Niice. how much did it cost all together?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information