Close

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    looks good evan. You gonna post that DIY for the door pannels again??

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Thanks guys! Yeah I love that side shot too
    do you have that pic in a bigger size?

pm please

no sorry, i dont save most of my pictures in Hi res.

Thanks! Its too bad things didnt work out with that bumper a few months back, would have been a sick deal!
    Yeah, I didnt know that shipping would be such a pain.

Now with the weak Euro it would be an even better deal.

Car looks good!

So finally have some pictures for you guys... Heres where Im at with my custom side mounts so far...

I picked up my conical washers and spacers from the machine shop the other day which allowed me to start work on the steel plates. The design will be similar to Mugen side mounts with the round spacers since the memory fab seat has a narrower base than the buddy club rails.

So far ive got one side bent and traced out, now I just need to cut off the access metal, clean up the edges and lay some satin black paint.

Here are the grade 8.8 316 stainless bolts, custom aluminum conical washers, and custom 316 stainless spacers.

And the hardware mocked up... so tasty :)

^^ looks nice man, btw I work at a metal fab shop and we have a waterjet, so if you need anything cut just give me a holler our prices are pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    ^^ looks nice man, btw I work at a metal fab shop and we have a waterjet, so if you need anything cut just give me a holler our prices are pretty reasonable.
    Would you be able to cut an already bent part? Like the one pictured? I might be interested in doing this. It would be much easier and precise than doing it by hand.

Pretty jealous of you right now! Wish i could get out on the track this year....... LOL!
    Last edited by Guardian; 11-30-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Doing another event August 23rd and hopefully one more in Oct :)

Yeah i just have to focus on getting a car by next season. Starting work on my K24a2 and transmission build next weekend. I'm just waiting to pick up the block while dropping off the transmission. Main things i need to purchase right now is an LSD. Still need to decide whether to go with a 1.5way clutch type or helical.

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    Yeah i just have to focus on getting a car by next season. Starting work on my K24a2 and transmission build next weekend. I'm just waiting to pick up the block while dropping off the transmission. Main things i need to purchase right now is an LSD. Still need to decide whether to go with a 1.5way clutch type or helical.
    I would do a helical. No maintenance, quieter, and more comfortable if the car is a daily driver. Id like to do a thorough 6spd build at some point. REM polished gears, ATS 2-3-4, ITR LSD.

Yeah i hear ya. This car won't be seeing too much street use, that is the only reason i am considering a clutch type. I may just order an MFactory helical or quaife though. Trying to figure out how to set up the clutch pack seems like it'd be a pain with all the testing that would need to be done. Eventually i think i would want to smash the transmission into the ground after about the 5th time pulling it! LOL!

Would you be able to cut an already bent part? Like the one pictured? I might be interested in doing this. It would be much easier and precise than doing it by hand.
    no, would have to be flat then we could brake it here to form it into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    Yeah i hear ya. This car won't be seeing too much street use, that is the only reason i am considering a clutch type. I may just order an MFactory helical or quaife though. Trying to figure out how to set up the clutch pack seems like it'd be a pain with all the testing that would need to be done. Eventually i think i would want to smash the transmission into the ground after about the 5th time pulling it! LOL!
    Haha yeah I hear you. With the right setup the clutch type will definitely perform better, I just cant be bothered with setting one up on a street car.

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    no, would have to be flat then we could brake it here to form it into shape.
    Cool, Ill let you know. I might give it a shot cutting them myself, if Im not happy with how it comes out ill probably take you up on that offer. Weve got a press brake at work so I have that covered as you can see.

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information