Close

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hell yeah for FEEL's coilovers. I'm in the market for new suspension, but nothing that baller. I also need a new steering rack.. my creak is terrible and I think something may be broken. I'll have to see how the car drives with the new coilovers before I make a definitive decision on what to do with the steering rack.

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Just put an order through for some King Motorsports ball joint spacers for the DC5R lca's and sent my last payment on the FEEL's coilovers. Also put an order through to Tire Rack for 2 17x7.5 +48 RPF1's, 2 245/40/17 and 2 225/45/17 Dunlop Z1 Star Specs.....This is an exciting day :)
    will you be selling your existing suspension set up?

Quote Originally Posted by chiwhitesi View Post
    will you be selling your existing suspension set up?
    Ill be selling the Hotchkis camber plates, but im keeping the shocks and springs for next winter If i cant manage to get a beater.

Ill be selling the Hotchkis camber plates, but im keeping the shocks and springs for next winter If i cant manage to get a beater.
    interested... when do expect to put em up?

Quote Originally Posted by chiwhitesi View Post
    interested... when do expect to put em up?
    Once I get all my parts together... I still need to order a DC5R front sway, endlinks, and some stuff from Honda. Id say another 3 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Hell yeah for FEEL's coilovers. I'm in the market for new suspension, but nothing that baller. I also need a new steering rack.. my creak is terrible and I think something may be broken. I'll have to see how the car drives with the new coilovers before I make a definitive decision on what to do with the steering rack.
    I got a sick deal on them... so ballin on a budget :P

As far as I know the creak is due to parts in the rack rubbing when normally they wouldnt. Since this is the case there is no lubrication inside the accordian boots from the factory, but if you lube that slider under the boot up real good with some moly lube or assembly lube the creak should go away. I would try that first is you havent already. Its definitely worth a shot before you go looking for a new rack.

EPIC!!!

Sub'd

As far as I know the creak is due to parts in the rack rubbing when normally they wouldnt. Since this is the case there is no lubrication inside the accordian boots from the factory, but if you lube that slider under the boot up real good with some moly lube or assembly lube the creak should go away. I would try that first is you havent already. Its definitely worth a shot before you go looking for a new rack.
    I'm giving that steering rack lube a shot next week. Nice build by the way, your car is mint.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k3hatchie View Post
    I'm giving that steering rack lube a shot next week. Nice build by the way, your car is mint.
    Thanks dude. Im gonna do the steering rack fix too, even though I dont have a ceak yet I know Ill get it eventually so it will be preventative maintenenance

Looks great man.

I really love your gunmetal valve cover!!! I'm assuming that's self painted?

Yeah, I've been planning on trying that for some time as well. My only concern is that I was involved in a bit of an accident a few years back and I think the teeth inside the rack may have been chipped or damaged some how.

Also, do you think that zip ties will hold the accordian boots in place? That's what I think the DIY said, but I'm unsure if I wanna risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by [Sip] View Post
    Looks great man.

I really love your gunmetal valve cover!!! I'm assuming that's self painted?
    Thanks, and yes I do all my own work (except bodywork)

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Yeah, I've been planning on trying that for some time as well. My only concern is that I was involved in a bit of an accident a few years back and I think the teeth inside the rack may have been chipped or damaged some how.

Also, do you think that zip ties will hold the accordian boots in place? That's what I think the DIY said, but I'm unsure if I wanna risk it.
    Ahh I see, thats sucks dude. As far as the zip ties, they will be fine. Just make sure you use low profile cable ties to get a 360* seal...

Thanks for the support dude, I think Im going to redo that how to thread. It will be easy to write it up again and I know alot of people were excited about a good DIY for the door panels.
    no problem dude, but yeah if you do that DIY again would love you for it no homo

and where did you get those low pro zip ties?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    no problem dude, but yeah if you do that DIY again would love you for it no homo

and where did you get those low pro zip ties?
    You should be able to find them at most hardware stores. I just grabbed that pic off goole for a quick example.

Awesome, I appreciate the advice about the zip ties. I'll be sure to grab those at the hardware store along with some grease.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information