Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eGay turbo? ;)

eGay turbo? ;)

Searched and it looks like the thread is gone. Someone had an ebay turbo which just recently took a dump, but it apparently worked well for quite some time. Want to pop one in while I wait for mine to be rebuilt, anyone know who this was? I'd like to buy the same one from the same seller.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I remember 1gra8ep3 or something like that had ebay turbo parts on his k24. Intercooler piping and manifold i beleive was the only peices from ebay.

It was a complete ebay setup, he slowly bought authentic parts for it.

^^^this is him here..I remember it lasted him a good while for it being a ebay turbo.

Thanks guys :) I'll hit him up to see which one he got since it seemed to do pretty well.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
    It was a complete ebay setup, he slowly bought authentic parts for it.
    thats what im doing.. my setup now works mint..

Quote Originally Posted by socal_brandon2 View Post
    Thanks guys :) I'll hit him up to see which one he got since it seemed to do pretty well.
    i use the Emusa 50trim
    Last edited by Tnhatch03; 03-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    i use the Emusa 50trim
    Isn't that a little on the small side? :)

He made 260whp on 9 psi or something like that. Which is pretty good considering stock hp levels.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    i use the Emusa 50trim
    I use the Emusa 50 trim as well, rebuilt to garrett specs by blastperformance but even stock it was a good turbo. I don't think its to small, actually there isnt much clearance between the turbo and the firewall. I dont know how you would fit anything bigger unless you use a peakboost style manifold.

Maybe I was confused as to sizing *shrug* I've got the CN mani so I shouldnt run into that problem.

I have a full god speed turbo kit for sale if your interested...its brand new and it also has the emusa 50 trim turbo very nice turbo for a ebay turbo pm me if interested...will sell it for a good price..paid 1100 for it

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Buy a Holset HY35 or Holset HX35!!! You'll LOVE it and it won't blow out as fast as that Garrett crap.

14b Mitsubishi turbo vs. HY35

Garrett T3/T4 50 trims vs. Holset HX35

Couple of quick facts about them.....

• Holset turbos do not spool slowly. They spool more quickly than their Mitsubishi or Garrett counterparts for the most part. This is due to diesel exhausts being colder considerably slower moving.
    • The Holset turbine wheel is amazingly engineered and designed. Through R&D from various sources throughout the web, it has shown to flow exceptionally well in a very small turbine housing. Take a a hx40 turbine wheel in and a small .55 A/R BEP housing flows as much as a Garrett GT35r turbine wheel in the larger .63 A/R Garrett T3 turbine housing. The hx40 with this configuration also spools about 500rpms faster. You can even go to the .70 A/R BEP T3 turbine housing and have the same or faster spool speed as the above mentioned GT35r with more flow per psi and more power per psi of boost. This makes for VERY impressive pump gas dynos!
    • Holset patented map width enhancement. They do not have extended tip technology, but there compressors show more efficiency than their Garrett or Mitsubishi counterpart.
    • They have Superback technology which leads to incredibly reliable and extremely durable compressors.
    • When comparing compressor maps on the web there seems to be an incredible about of discrepancies. Do not assume unless you have several different sources all telling you the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 96integra View Post
    I have a full god speed turbo kit for sale if your interested...its brand new and it also has the emusa 50 trim turbo very nice turbo for a ebay turbo pm me if interested...will sell it for a good price..paid 1100 for it
    No thanks bud! Already have the CN kit, just lookin to throw something in while I wait on getting the turbonetics rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Buy a Holset HY35 or Holset HX35!!! You'll LOVE it and it won't blow out as fast as that Garrett crap.
    Damn, that thing looks pretty monstrous! Still 100 something bucks on eBay like the others? ;)

finally logged back on haha. I ran the turbo, log mani, and down pipe. It ran good I have no complaints about the turbo (60-1) I beat on it damn near every day and it lasted like a year and a half I think give or take a few months. The intercooler piping was greddy, the bov was greddy, and the wastegate was tial. On the a3 it made 254 @ 10lbs and 305 @ 14lbs. On the k24a1 it made 320 @ 12lbs. I actually sold the kit to buddy out here who went with a smaller ebay turbo (57trim) but I think he ended up reselling it. I do miss it but the future looks bright ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information