Close

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by love559 View Post
    hey you guys think the reflash will give me a pretty big improvment with these mods:

dc shorty headers.megan test pipe.greddy exhaust.aem sri? im gonna switch maybe to the v2 cuz or maybe the injen cai... know reflash wont give me the greatest gains but atleast take sumthing
    Big improvements? What kind of improvements are you looking for? For more HP and torque, somewhat and not alot...But to clean up the torque, yes...

im gonna save for kpro guys!

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Big improvements? What kind of improvements are you looking for? For more HP and torque, somewhat and not alot...But to clean up the torque, yes...
    well not big just enough for something lol. want it but just not sure what i want yet im sooooo lost lol

The reflash for me overall is good for 300 bucks. With my mods i am very happy with it, also i think my mpg improved a little, but the car is overall a lot smoother and it is nice being able to hit 60 mph in 2nd gear. If some of the norcal guys go to the meet on saturday i wouldnt mind giving people test drives.

Damn! Time to start saving. Under 3 bills is finally "do-able". Since it is the same ecu is there any restart problems?? (imobilizer, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheep3 View Post
    Damn! Time to start saving. Under 3 bills is finally "do-able". Since it is the same ecu is there any restart problems?? (imobilizer, etc.)
    Nope i didnt have any issues it started right up, and no flashing immoblizer. When i sent in the ecu they ask you to send in the immoblizer and a key along with the ecu.

alright... big questions i have about reflash...
    1)its says used with 91 octane. does that mean the reflash REQUIRES 91 octane or it is just recomended for better results... meaning will it ruin the engine if i just use 87???
    2)it is just plug and go, right??
    3)i have future plans of putting in a k20a2 w/ tranny in; so if i kpro my ecu that i have now (k20a3), can i use it for my k20a2??? if you can, is it recommended?
    4)if you go kpro... i understand they have base maps... so is it plug and go... or is it REQUIRED, a must, to get it tuned???

thanks for the help...

1) I wouldn't trust running 87 octane, but you might be able to without any serious consequences.
    2) Yes
    3) Yes, you can upgrade the a3 ecu to kpro and run the a2. The only issue is that the reverse lock out selenoid on the six speed will not function.
    4) It depends on the base map. If you have an na a3 or a2, then you should be able to run safely without tuning. You just won't get the full potential of your mods. It is almost a necessity to get tuned for some of the other base maps, especially the boosted ones.
    Last edited by superstocksi; 04-11-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Just reflashed mine. So worth it! They ship the ECU/Immobilizer/Key back really fast too.

I'm in SoCal (fairly close to Hawthorne), how long would the turnaround time be for this?

I don't have any other means of transportation and no friends who want to take me to work at 5am...

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ep3steez View Post
    Just reflashed mine. So worth it! They ship the ECU/Immobilizer/Key back really fast too.
    I have to agree the turn around time is really fast and worth 300 bucks for the extra revs and makes the car feel a lot smoother

Quote Originally Posted by i heart trees View Post
    I'm in SoCal (fairly close to Hawthorne), how long would the turnaround time be for this?

I don't have any other means of transportation and no friends who want to take me to work at 5am...

Any suggestions?
    I'm in the same boat as you, I'd love to jump on this but I can't afford to NOT have a car right now.

i have had the reflash for about a year now, i love it but im looking to upgrade to kpro now...turn around time for me in NY was 6 days

ok..so if i was reflash now...like today.. and i wanted to go kpro in the future..what is the upgrade price..?? and why do ppl say no hp gain but nice torque..wouldnt the over rev gain a little hp..?

ok did my home work....
    if anybody is planing on later geting kpro dont buy this! you'll end up paing almost 1,100 for kpro.. just save for kpro...

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information