Close

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know if you NEED a CAI in order to benefit from the re-flash. Specifically, can I get away with having a Hondata modded air box, ctr header & cat, dc5-s mid pipe, and spoon N1? I'm interested in the re-flash, but don't want using an air box to cause it to run lean and damage something. I'm find with using 91 octane.
    Last edited by Blue03Si; 03-25-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: fixed typos, doh!

not required according to Hondata, just an improvement over stock with CAI and Headers.

With your current mods it seems that you have more to benefit from the reflash than to worry about, plus you got a modded box which should give you better airflow especially with the added REVS

Anyone else order their reflash yet? I mailed my ECU in yesterday and hope to get it back mid next week

Maybe I'll throw some new wheels under the ep while shes down

Quote Originally Posted by 04bluepearl View Post
    Anyone else order their reflash yet? I mailed my ECU in yesterday and hope to get it back mid next week

Can't afford it right now, but I'm eagerly awaiting your review!

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    It helps your 0-60mph speeds because you can stay in 2nd to get 60mph. One less shift to get to 60mph = faster times
    =

This will be happening sometime next week for me along with exhaust and some other fun things with tax return money.
    then saving for the swap and k-pro
    excitedd :)

Quote Originally Posted by adhesiveaaron View Post
    This will be happening sometime next week for me along with exhaust and some other fun things with tax return money.
    then saving for the swap and k-pro
    excitedd :)
    good use for the xtra cash. Let us know how u like it

Quote Originally Posted by 04bluepearl View Post

Hey bro where did you buy it from? Which site? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore View Post
    Hey bro where did you buy it from? Which site? thanks
    I got it from club rsx man. It seems like a pretty good deal.

Sweet bro, its def worth it. Going to order it soon, make sure you post up a review of how it feels bro, im guessing its going to feel a lot stronger!! Any clue if they ship to Canada, or would that be an issue you think? I know some companies dont like shipping to Canada for whatever reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore View Post
    Sweet bro, its def worth it. Going to order it soon, make sure you post up a review of how it feels bro, im guessing its going to feel a lot stronger!! Any clue if they ship to Canada, or would that be an issue you think? I know some companies dont like shipping to Canada for whatever reason lol.

You have to order through a vendor in canada I beleive. Their website lists the vendors located in canada somewhere on the site.

Hey did some research. Found few vendors in Canada if anyone was wondering. Neetronics in Toronto, Ontario will do it. Its 295 plus exchange rate/ 5% tax. They also have overnight shipping with insurance. I do not have a header but do have a catback exhaust with an AEM intake V2, they said i should be fine. What do you guys think?

Do i need to get a header to or will i be alright with just intake and full catback. Dont want the car to run lean or something and ultimately screw my engine up.

it shouldn't run lean.
    it uses the airflow sensor to calculate and adjust your air/fuel ratio. It will only run lean with a race header I believe(any tuners chime in when you want)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyMETHOD View Post
    it shouldn't run lean.
    it uses the airflow sensor to calculate and adjust your air/fuel ratio. It will only run lean with a race header I believe(any tuners chime in when you want)
    So if I have i/rh/e I will be running lean? Is there any way to avoid that? was looking for infomation but I can't find any recent stuff on this site anymore =(

best thing for a detailed answer is to call or email Hondata

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_civicsi.html
    "Headers have been tested with this program. Dyno charts can be found in the tech section (soon).

This tune for 91 octane pump gas. We have not tested it on 87. In the graph above, the change in octane was worth about 2hp and the tuning 8-10.

Two cars were used for testing. A totally stock Civic Si, shown in the graph above, and another with CAI and headers. Surprisingly the response to the flash program on the dyno were very different. The second vehicle (intake+headers) showed marginal change on the dyno, yet the owner reported stronger part throttle response and much improved top end. The dyno chart for the second vehicle is below. This is the vehicle in which we measured a 1 second improvement in the 0-60 times." says Hondata.

This leads me to believe that unless ur boosting you shouldn't run lean. but it's the "race" headers that I'm unsure about. You got a Cat and Muffler, right?

The ECU adjusts the a/f ratio accordingly, and the stock injectors should be able to keep up with the bolt ons. Reflash is supposed to be the best upgrade, short of Kpro, if your running int/headers/exhaust since it allows for better breathing, especially up top in the revs. But if your really worried, get an A/F gauge and patrol that sucka. +1 for looks to.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information