Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

K24a1 i/rh/e/kpro Dyno

Went to a dyno day recently to see what im throwin down, this is on a stock k24a1, OBX V.3 RH, a3/a2 intake manifold, Injen CAI (dc5) DC5 Midpipe, megan racing axleback, and street tune (by Ba82Ep3) Still need some adjustments, but overall im happy, just need to play with the tune a little, loosing torque up high....

Heres pics and a vid.

Not to shabby at all. Definitely more than what I have seen K20A3's put down with similar mods. Kudos man! I think a JRSC would look really nice on the front of that K24A1
    Last edited by TTownEP; 09-17-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownSi05 View Post
    Not to shabby at all. Definitely more than what I have seen K20A3's put down with similar mods. Kudos man! I think a JRSC would look really nice on the front of that K24A1
    Oh yes, thats def in my list of things to do when this is paid off. Which is Feb of 2011!

i would have expected more from the k24a1 an k20a3 with same mods and tunning would generate same amount of hp and tq. torq on the k24a1 looks like its stock. can u upload your kal. so i can have the best tuner in tampa look at the tq.
    Last edited by VIZHUNZ02SI; 03-24-2010 at 09:35 AM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    i would have expected more from the k24a1 an k20a3 with same mods and tunning would generate same amount of hp and tq. torq on the k24a1 looks like its stock. can u upload your kal. so i can have the best tuner in tampa look at the tq.
    ughhh. hes makin almost 160tq to the wheel. Thats what a k24a1 makes stock to the crank. Also almost 180whp. No way in hell a a3 is makin anywhere near those numbers and hes not even on a full tune. An a3 wtih a JRSC-s makes about the same numbers that 757 is makin on boltons!

Thats great for a street tune. You more then likely can find another 10whp on the dyno. How does that V3 header fit? I'm thinking about getting one. It's Type S specific right? The idea of something that works decent for 200 bucks makes me happy.

Full bolt on a3 will make around 160whp maybe a little more. and about 130 ft/lbs max. So 180/160 is huge. Plus you have a lot more power early in the power band.

That Tq peaks so early It's ok, we can't all have a big lobe.

the header fitted with modification, I had to have a Real exhaust shop cut, pull down, and re-weld the single pipe on the header going into the midpipe, it was banging hard on the bottom of my car, and Im running the em2 front sway, but it does sit right on it but no banging at all which is weird, but its super tight, ima be selling soon, going with the kid racing RH.

I tried to post my kal and the datalogs from my dyno session but with the new setup, im not sure how to delete old data to make room for them, ill figure it out, I would love to have a little help or advice on my tune.

Setting (upper right of screen) Attatchments (bottom left of screen)

nice. cant wait to see numbers after a proper tune.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    ughhh. hes makin almost 160tq to the wheel. Thats what a k24a1 makes stock to the crank. Also almost 180whp. No way in hell a a3 is makin anywhere near those numbers and hes not even on a full tune. An a3 wtih a JRSC-s makes about the same numbers that 757 is makin on boltons!
    what he said nice numbers.
    When people ask me if my car is turbo, I can finally say yes muthafuxa it is.

Great results Chris! The vid doesnt do the sound justice tho... that setup sounds damn good!

Guys, keep in mind, its a basemap/street tune based off of a KAL for my k24a1 that had 10.5 TSX pistons and completely different bolt ons than his (DC5-S DCRH/05 DC5-S midpipe/OEM EP axleback, AEM V2,PRC IM). AFR's are in the 13's and not as smooth as i would like them to be, but not bad considering the time spent on the map. Hell, his cam advance doesnt go past 30 degrees, and he made that power close to 7krpm!! Theres power to be found for sure tho...
    Last edited by Ba82Ep3; 03-25-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Even my motor made power past 30 degs and i have a crappy raceheader and OEM muffler. I made peak power at 38. I picked up 20whp on the dyno from pure cam angle tuning. I went in with a 204whp street tune, came out with 223. and to be honest we only did about 6 pulls on the dyno. so i'm sure i could have pulled out more.

nothing like tuning on a dyno, thats what it is for.
    Last edited by Deadphishy; 03-26-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Heres the 3 datalogs from the dyno session, This was done in 3rd gear. And ofcourse the KAL ran.

nice to see wat u dynoed!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information