Close

Type R projector headlight question

I want to buy a pair for my black 05 EP. Wanted to know if its an easy install or is there modifications to be done. I was looking around the web and saw the housing doesnt have a hole for the day time running lights. I saw a pair on ebay for 230 bucks. Is that about right price wise or are there cheaper deals out there?

04-05 or 02-03? That seems low for real type r projectors i think you are talking about depo headlights not oem.

I have a 2005 EP .. The daytime running light bulbs are right under the regular headlight bulbs and i dont see a hole for the DRL in the type R housing. Yeah they are definatly replicas i think real ones are like 600 bucks.

DRL lights are just the high beams at a lower voltage. There is no seperate DRL light.

Yes there is ... When you look in the housing there are 3 bulbs one is the high beams which sits by itself.. one is the regular headlight and the bulb right under the headlight is the DRL

On those Depo headlights or type r one's that bulb is moved to the top of the headlight. Now unless your car is from Canada then it shouldnt have DRL's. That one bulb your talking about is just a parking light bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    On those Depo headlights or type r one's that bulb is moved to the top of the headlight. Now unless your car is from Canada then it shouldnt have DRL's. That one bulb your talking about is just a parking light bulb.
    I am talking about the light bulb that turns on when you click the light switch once. I know in my EP i have to rotate the headlight switch and it clicks twice. Once for the DRLs and twice for the headlights. I have a regular SI lol.

^yeah man those are just parking/city lights. DRL cut on automatically w/o any switches.
    The most obvious and easiest way to be able to tell the Depo replicas aside from the CTR projectors, besides the price~ the CTR's have a "honey comb" on the lens that sits on the turn signal spots, where the depos are clear like the rest of the headlight.

Thread Information