Close

sunroof broken!!!

my sunroof isnt working anymore. i think it might be off the tracks or something. well you can hear the motor workingbut nothing. when it first broke it was open and i couldnt close it so tried to close it where the lil screw thing is but wouldnt work with that anyone who can help me please???

Take off your roof liner/carpet or how it's called and see what's going on there. If you can hear motor working it must be something wrong with the mechanism. Good luck!

If you have an orig. tool kit there is a wrench to manually close the sunroof. A hex or allen wrench will work also, but if it's off the tracks maybe not??

If i put the allen wrench in that one spot and push the open and close button that thing spins.so im pretty sure its off the rail am i gonna. have to remove the roof to fix it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by love559 View Post
    If i put the allen wrench in that one spot and push the open and close button that thing spins.so im pretty sure its off the rail am i gonna. have to remove the roof to fix it?!?
    Sounds like it. Time to bust out the Helms manual and pull your roof lining. A/B/C column trim comes off first, along with the "OHSHIT" handles in the rear cabin area and the dome light fixtures, as well as the upper hatch trim at the back I believe, and then you get to be super-duper careful as you pull the liner.
    Like I said, Service Manual time.

Project every color Project Yellow's Avatar
    Start in the back and remove all of the interior pillars to get the headliner down, like said before you will have to take out the oh shit handles, the back light and that center circle thing... just be careful most of the stuff clips in or is a screw, so no man-handeling or you'll break stuff! Flathead and phillips head screwdriver should be all that you need. (I think i used a coin too for that round thing in the center of the headliner...dont remember exactuly)

Good luck!

Something New.... mitchep3typer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Yellow View Post
    Start in the back and remove all of the interior pillars to get the headliner down, like said before you will have to take out the oh shit handles, the back light and that center circle thing... just be careful most of the stuff clips in or is a screw, so no man-handeling or you'll break stuff! Flathead and phillips head screwdriver should be all that you need. (I think i used a coin too for that round thing in the center of the headliner...dont remember exactuly)

Good luck!
    Its not very hard at all, I just had mine all apart to make a custom carbon fiber sunroof plug. Just remove the headliner not hard at all, and see whats messed up. If you get ed up I have a full sunroof assembly I can sell you right now. has about 50k on it never ever used it.

thanks guys i did it this morning... was starting to take off back and than did the handles and than the light, looked in there and seen a screw fell out.put it back in and walla!!! it worked...going alil slow when opening put some lube and stuff but atleast its working!!! thanks for the help

Good to hear, hope you pulled that green clip while you were in there to stop that annoying 1/2 way sunroof pause crap...

nooooooo dang didnt even look into doing that !!! shoot is it right where the motor is or futher up

lol! Its towards the back, I only pulled my headliner halfway down from the rear, and then I could see it and I reached in and unclipped it. It took 10 minutes to get the headliner down and 5 seconds to unhook it. Its well worth it IMHO.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    hmm. This happen to me before, so you can open but you cant close it but hear the motor working? Then there 2 possible ways that I can think of. First, like most people said, the track is out of the track. That unlikely unless you got in a crash or you are strong enough to move the track. The secon I can think of which happen to me is that there something blocking the track. It happen to me that one of the metal piece fail off and block it which didnt close. maybe you should see if there something in the way of the moonroof.

Well all it was .was a screw that goes into the turning thing.sorry dont know the term for it.a screw was undone so screwed it back in and it works.alil slow but. nontheless good. Gonna takr out the piece right now thanks
    Last edited by vbp04; 09-18-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Nice! Glad to hear you got it worked out man!

Lightbulb

This one should be a sticky! If you have the time to redo it! Pictures hehe.

Thread Information