Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Runa 60 shot with boltons, youll run low 14's all day if your can drive and most importantly if your clutch can hold it lol

Quote Originally Posted by barcelon View Post
    Alright so its even better than i thought looked around for 1/4 mile times on a 50 shot spray. The average i saw was always in the high 14s only saw 1 or 2 with 15 flat or 15.2 .. Thats pretty freakin good for only spending 1000 bucks give or take 200 bucks if you install it yourself. With high 14 times ill definatly be able to beat stock si coupes type s rsx's and even the new gti's. Probably be able to keep up or beat heavy V6's.... My dream would be to beat a god damn cocky SOB in a muscle car lol. For that i would need way more work but i'll be happy with high 14s.
    A nitrous kit probably won't get you up with too many muscle cars.. Maybe some mod motor mustangs (99-04ish). You will be able to take down the mod motor 96-98 gts with ease..... You have to think stock 350 f bodys run low low low 14s or high 13s stock..

About the clutch he brings up a good point you are jumping your whp from around 120 to 160ish.. the stock clutch should hold up fine for a while though... What mods do you have right now? If you have i/rh/e you should be low/mid 14s .. Get the kit and some really sticky tires to throw on some steelies.. It should be a fun car man.

Quote Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
    A nitrous kit probably won't get you up with too many muscle cars.. Maybe some mod motor mustangs (99-04ish). You will be able to take down the mod motor 96-98 gts with ease..... You have to think stock 350 f bodys run low low low 14s or high 13s stock..

About the clutch he brings up a good point you are jumping your whp from around 120 to 160ish.. the stock clutch should hold up fine for a while though... What mods do you have right now? If you have i/rh/e you should be low/mid 14s .. Get the kit and some really sticky tires to throw on some steelies.. It should be a fun car man.
    Low to Mid 14s thats actually awesome for a thousand dollar job. Right now performance wise its completely stock except for the cosmetics. If i do get the nitrous ill get i/h/e. Still reading up on it and asking people about a good speed shop in jersey. If not im gonna do the installation myself doesnt look to complicated. Still debating if i should get anything ECU wise. They have me convinced i dont need any tuning or Kpro but im scared lol... As for the clutch ill run it stock until it starts acting up.

Low to Mid 14s thats actually awesome for a thousand dollar job. Right now performance wise its completely stock except for the cosmetics. If i do get the nitrous ill get i/h/e. Still reading up on it and asking people about a good speed shop in jersey. If not im gonna do the installation myself doesnt look to complicated. Still debating if i should get anything ECU wise. They have me convinced i dont need any tuning or Kpro but im scared lol... As for the clutch ill run it stock until it starts acting up.
    Of course some sort of tuning would help performance a little bit but for such a small shot with a wet kit it is fine.

Should be fine with a 50-75 wet shot. Just watch the clutch. What will get the clutch is the sudden burst of power. Once it breaks free then it burns up.

I've herd Dyno Tune makes a decent kit for dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    Should be fine with a 50-75 wet shot. Just watch the clutch. What will get the clutch is the sudden burst of power. Once it breaks free then it burns up.

I've herd Dyno Tune makes a decent kit for dirt cheap.
    They make awesome kits!! I have a friend that just has the base kit w/ wot switch that has rocked it for about a year now with no issues.

Alright looks like im gonna have to do extensive research on Kpro never really messed with ecus... Is it possible to map kpro yourself or you need some type of special equipment?

Yeah i know abusing it will rise the risk of damage. I know when i first get it ill go through my first bottle quick. I REALLY baby my ep so im confident i wont abuse it like that... For some reason as i do more research on nitrous im actually trusting it more than boosting. I hate the fact that its kind of a gamble with speed shops. I think i have someone who knows of a good professional one. Anyways the more info i get the better hope to hear more feedback
    read me thread here on the nitrous, u dont have to spend 8.50 on k-pro to boost the ep, use a windown switch from MSD and ur done, by the way 65 shot is the best with a wet kit only, plz dont use any dry kit for anything over a 35 shot... and u can de 75 is you have a bottle warmer SAFE, 100 shot and your pushing your factorey fuel pump to the max..

damn i should had done a DIY for you guys here, i used the nitrous NOS wet kit and the trigger switch i had it in the throttle body bracket that holds the throttle/gas pedal wire and cruise control wire came out so nice... inst is not har it took me about one night from 6.pm to 10pm but i took it slow because i was working on a shop and i started after my shift was done at the end of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by yanniel05 View Post
    read me thread here on the nitrous, u dont have to spend 8.50 on k-pro to boost the ep, use a windown switch from MSD and ur done, by the way 65 shot is the best with a wet kit only, plz dont use any dry kit for anything over a 35 shot... and u can de 75 is you have a bottle warmer SAFE, 100 shot and your pushing your factorey fuel pump to the max..
    Im a noob when it comes to nitrous as well and i was wondering why is the dry nitrous not recommended? I realize this has not been bumped in like a month but just wondering......

never mind found my answer, i pulled a noob on this post all the way thru.
    Last edited by mp_02si; 05-06-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Ive decided to run a 100 shot on my k24 this season. Ill let you guys know ho it goes. Not gonna be until july most likely lol but still, hoping to dyno close to 400whp and trap 120mph.
    Last edited by 27rocks; 10-02-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
    Ive decided to run a 100 shot on my k24 this season. Ill let you guys know ho it goes. Not gonna be until july most likely lol but still, hoping to dyno close to 400whp and trap 120mph.
    Holy crap, Im just looking for a low 14 second car personally. Let us know how the beast turns out.

ive been thinking about this also let me know how it turns out i have kpro comp 6 puck clutch 440 inject k20/k24 (love the 5th gear pull) i have a revhard kit in my garage i was thinking about putting on and getting tuned but i think i would rather run n20. am i an idiot? feel free to comment. sorry for the thread jack buddy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information