Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Makin it rain

k24a2 swap coming soon

Had a question on the swap, I ordered a bare brand new rbc intake manifold and karcepts adapter. Do i go ahad and use the tsx throttle body? Also will all my stock sensors for the tb/intake set up off he a3 mate up to the rbc/karcepts/tsx tb?

I am going to swap thermostat housings (gaskets etc..)
    crv side mount
    clutch/flywheel rsx s spec
    innovative mounts
    310cc injectors
    have my exhaust cut to fit header or vice versa
    rbc/karcepts/hondata img

Have the kpro already, I think this is pretty much it if i remember right from the swap thread that I can no longer find
    Last edited by shortstop; 03-25-2010 at 08:24 PM.

no you use the a3 tb, and everything will go right on, your gonna love the swap, just got mines done last week :) good luck with everything

Makin it rain
    honest question, how much faster is it now then with the a3 with bolt ons? Like say you roll raced 1 car and lost by a car and now you win by what 2 cars? more less ?

well with the swap i havent had the chance to race anyone, but u can mos deff feel the difference once you drive it. if i do race i will let u know haha

Yeah my swap thread is gone, I thought I saved it, but apparently I didn't. If anyone did happen to save it on their hdd please let me know.

You want to use the a3 tb with karcepts adapter for the rbc. Use the a3 thermostat, with the tsx housing.

One of the biggest advantages is the torque of this engine, if I compare to when I had the race kit on the a3, I would say this feels just as good in terms of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Yeah my swap thread is gone, I thought I saved it, but apparently I didn't. If anyone did happen to save it on their hdd please let me know.

You want to use the a3 tb with karcepts adapter for the rbc. Use the a3 thermostat, with the tsx housing.

One of the biggest advantages is the torque of this engine, if I compare to when I had the race kit on the a3, I would say this feels just as good in terms of torque.
    I see you are in TX, did you find the swap in TX? how much did it cost you if you do not mind me asking.

another question for you guys with the k24a2 engine. about what mpg do you guys get pre and post swap??

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionsf View Post
    another question for you guys with the k24a2 engine. about what mpg do you guys get pre and post swap??
    My milage stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3driver View Post
    I see you are in TX, did you find the swap in TX? how much did it cost you if you do not mind me asking.
    x2....

If I get a complete swap, is there anything else I need to get? Are the mounts the same? Given that it seems slightly bigger, any issues dropping the K24 in the engiune bay? I figured I would get either the K20A2 or the K24A2. The K20A2 obviously is much easier to drop in but it seems the K24A2 is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3driver View Post
    If I get a complete swap, is there anything else I need to get? Are the mounts the same? Given that it seems slightly bigger, any issues dropping the K24 in the engiune bay? I figured I would get either the K20A2 or the K24A2. The K20A2 obviously is much easier to drop in but it seems the K24A2 is a better choice.
    really it isn't much more work to put a k24 in the car vs. a k20a2. You will need your A3's knock sensor, and Throttle body. You will need a CRV side mount bracket, and depending on what header you have, you might need to remove your front sway bar, or get an EM2 front sway.
    the motor is 19mm higher and doesn't have any trouble fitting into the bay.

And last. the K24 isn't a better choice. It is just a different choice. I love my k24.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SalientEp3 View Post
    no you use the a3 tb, and everything will go right on, your gonna love the swap, just got mines done last week :) good luck with everything
    sorry for the thread jack but

who did your swap
    Im in los angeles and Im getting ready to do mines
    already have the k24a2 just need kpro, motormounts, innovative mounts, karcepts adapter, em2 sway to clear my dcrh,
    not sure what else I would need

if you did it yourself any chance you can help me out Im planning to either bring it to a shop or find a local member that has done it before and is pretty knowlegeable about it to help me out
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 04-15-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post

do you still need the karcepts adapter if Im going to use the rbb (tsx intake mani) instead of the rbc
    I remember hearing around k20a.org that rbc and rbb pretty much the same in terms of their performance

EDIT: ok i found out that you do need the karcepts adapter even with the rbb
    Last edited by MadLorEP3; 04-15-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    Had a question on the swap, I ordered a bare brand new rbc intake manifold and karcepts adapter. Do i go ahad and use the tsx throttle body? Also will all my stock sensors for the tb/intake set up off he a3 mate up to the rbc/karcepts/tsx tb?

I am going to swap thermostat housings (gaskets etc..)
    crv side mount
    clutch/flywheel rsx s spec
    innovative mounts
    310cc injectors
    have my exhaust cut to fit header or vice versa
    rbc/karcepts/hondata img

Have the kpro already, I think this is pretty much it if i remember right from the swap thread that I can no longer find
    Is it necessary to get 310cc injectors if your using kpro? Or is an injector upgrade something that can be done later.

injectors can be purchased later. All you simply do is make the adjustments and clarify what injector your running in Kpro Manager.

I see something in this thread I want to clarify. A CRV side mount is NOT needed. What you need is the Side BRACKET.
    Also, you might have to trim a small piece on the radiator support to clear the RBC. Same deal with the hood.

Other things I see missing in your list that came in handy when I did mine:

Head Valve Cover gasket kit - (if your powdercoating a VC or installing the K20Z3 upper chain guide)
    K20z3 upper chain guide
    Corsport Tranny bushings
    RBC TB OEM gasket
    PRB TB OEM gasket
    misc. exhaust/intake nuts and bolts (incase you strip any)
    Honda Manual Tranny Fluid
    Honda Type II Coolant
    Honda OEM oil filter
    OIl Seal MT Tranny Case
    Release Fork Setting Spring
    Release Fork Boot
    Oil Seal Chain Case
    Clutch Release Bearing

I don't remember what we broke... maybe 02EPSI can chime in... but it was a seal on the half shaft.
    Last edited by Kerby; 04-15-2010 at 04:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information